The Garden of Live Flowers Part 2

About a half hour later they arrived at an old cabin. They got out of the car and Dean carried Lacey in.
"Place has been in the family for years. Devils trap. Pure iron fixtures of course. Umm, there should be salt and holy water in the pantry, knives, guns."
"All that stuff will do is piss it off." Dean told her as he laid Lacey down on the couch.
"So what will kill it? Or slow it down at least?"
"Not much." Sam admitted.
"Great."
"He said not much, not nothing. We packed. If we put this up and she comes close, we beam her right off the starship."
"Mmmm."
"This is holy oil. It's kind of like a, like a devils trap for angels. Come on. I'll show you how it works." Sam left the room with Mary.
"Hey what's the deal with the thing on the paper?" John asked.
"It's a sigil. That means ..."
"I don't care what it means. Where does it go?"
"On a wall or a door."
"How big should I make it?"
"John..." Dean began.
"What? Y'all might have treated me like a fool, but I am not useless. I can draw a damn, whatever it is, a sigil."
"Why don't you go help Sam out? Okay, cause this has got to be done in ... it's got to be done in human blood."
"So how big?"
"I'll show you." Dean chuckled to himself.
"What?"
"All of a sudden you, you really remind me of my dad."

Once they had finished drawing the sigils downstairs John went to help Sam. Dean sat down on the edge of the sofa. Lacey was still unconscious.
"Come on sweetheart, you gotta wake up." Dean said as he brushed some hair out of her face.
"Are you sure she's not more than just a friend?" A voice asked from the door. Dean looked up and saw Mary studying them.
"I guess so." Dean shrugged.
"Okay. You said you'd explain everything when we had a minute. We have a minute. Why does an angel want me dead?"
"Cause they're dicks." Dean quipped.
"Not good enough. I didn't even know they existed and now I'm a target?"
"It's complicated."
"Fine. All ears."
"You're just gonna have to trust me okay?" There was a noise beside them as Lacey stirred and began to wake up.
"Hey, how you feeling?" Dean asked as he helped her sit up.
"Like I was hit in the head with a two by four." Lacey groaned.
"I'm sure you'll be fine once your powers kick in, must be like jet lag from the trip." Lacey nodded and he kissed her on the forehead. She glanced up to see Mary watching them.
"Well?" Mary asked. Dean turned to look at her.
"It's kind of hard to believe."
"All right then. I'm walking out the door."
"I'm your son."
"What?"
"I'm your son. Sorry. I don't know how else to say it. We're from the year 2010. An angel zapped us back here. Not the one that attacked you. Friendlier."
" You can't expect me to believe that."
"Our names are Dean and Sam Winchester. We're named after your parents. When I would get sick, you would make me tomato rice soup, because that's what you're mom made you. And instead of a lullaby, you would sing "Hey Jude", cause that's your favourite Beatles song."
"I...I don't believe it, no."
"I'm sorry, but it's true."
"I raised my kids to be hunters?"
"No, no you didn't."
"How could I do that to you?"
"You didn't do it. Because you're dead."
"What? What happened?"
"Yellow eyed demon. He killed you, and John became a hunter to get revenge. He raised us in this life. Listen to me. A demon comes into Sam's nursery exactly six months after he's born. November second, nineteen eighty three. Remember that date. And whatever you do, do not go in there. You wake up that morning, and you take Sam and you run."
"That's not good enough Dean." Sam said as he entered the room. "Wherever she goes, the demons gonna find her. Find me."
"Well then what?"
"She can leave dad. That's what. You got to leave John."
"What?"
"When this is all over, walk away and never look back.
"So we're never born. He's right." Lacey gave Dean a pained look.
"I...I can't. You're saying that you're my children and now you're saying..."
"You have no other choice. There's a big difference between dying and never being born. And trust me, we're okay with it, I promise you that."
"Okay well I'm not."
"Listen, you think you can have that normal life that you want so bad, but you can't. I'm sorry. It's all gonna go rotten. You are gonna die and your children will be cursed."
"There... there has to be a way."
"No, this is the way. Leave John."
"I can't."
"This is bigger than us. There are so many more lives at stake..."
"You don't understand." Mary interrupted. "I can't. It's too late. I'm...I'm pregnant."
"Hey, we got a problem." John called as he ran into the room. "Those blood things, the sigils... they're gone."
"Gone as in..."
"I drew one on the back of the door. I turned around. And when I looked back again, it was a smudge."
"He's right." Dean said, the sigils that had been all over the walls were smeared into nothing."
"There's no more holy oil." Mary called as she examined the empty vases. There was a loud whining noise and a man appeared in the room.
"Who the hell are you?" Dean asked.
"I'm Uriel."
"Oh come on."
"Go." Sam said, ushering John, Mary and Lacey away until he noticed Anna blocking the exit.
"Here goes nothing." Dean muttered as he attacked Uriel. Sam went for Anna but soon the two of them went flying across the room. Lacey stood in front of John and Mary, trying to protect them as Anna approached. She reached out to grab Anna who grabbed hold of her arm and twisted until Lacey was on her knees.
"It's nineteen seventy eight, blondie. You haven't even been born yet, you have no power here." Anna told her before throwing her into a wall.
"Lacey!" Dean ran over to her. He helped her into a sitting position.
"Dean..." Lacey groaned before she began to cough. When she removed her hand there was blood on it. "Oh god." She moaned before collapsing forward onto Dean. "Lacey? Lace!" Dean held her up. Blood was dripping from her nose now too. Dean felt for a pulse. There was one there. Barely. From across the room John picked up the knife that Sam had dropped and lunged at Anna who sent him flying through the back wall and outside.
"John!" Mary yelled. Sam, now recovered, went for Anna again. This time she grabbed a fixture from the wall and stabbed him with it. Sam dropped to the floor dead.
"Sammy! Sam!" Dean shouted, rushing over to his brothers body.
"I'm really sorry." Anna told him. Suddenly John appeared beside them.
"Anna..."
"Michael." He reached out and touched her forehead. Anna burst into flames and disappeared.
"Michael. I didn't know." Uriel tried to explain.
"Goodbye Uriel." Michael said coldly, snapping his fingers. Uriel disappeared.
"What did you do to John?" Mary asked.
"John is fine." Michael told her.
"Who...what are you?"
"Shhhh." Michael reached out and touched her forehead. Mary fell to the ground unconscious.
"Well, I'd say this conversation is long overdue, wouldn't you?" Michael asked turning to Dean.
"Fix them." Dean growled.
"First we talk. Then I fix your darling little Sammy and the abomination."
"How'd you get in my dad anyway?"
"I told him I could save his wife and he said yes."
"I guess they over sold me being your one and only vessel."
"You're my true vessel but not my only one."
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"It's a bloodline."
"A bloodline?"
"Stretching back to Cain and Abel. It's in your blood, your fathers blood, your family's blood."
"Awesome. Six degrees of heaven Bacon. What do you want with me?"
"You really don't know the answer to that?"
"Well, you know I ain't gonna say yes, so why are you here? What do you want with me?"
"I just want you to understand what you and I have to do."
"Oh I get it. You've got beef with your brother. Well get some therapy pal. Don't take it out on my planet."
"You're wrong. Lucifer defied our father, and he betrayed me. But still... I don't want this any more than you would want to kill Sam. You know, my brother, I practically raised him, I took care of him in a way that most people could never understand, and I still love him. But I am going to kill him because it is right and I have to."
"Oh, because God said so?"
"Yes. From the beginning, he knew this was how it was going to end."
"And you're just gonna do whatever God says."
"Yes, because I am a good son."
"Okay well trust me pal, take it from someone who knows, that is a dead end street."
"And you think you know better than my father? One unimportant little man, what makes you think you get to choose?"
"Because I got to believe that I can choose what I do with my... unimportant little life."
"You're wrong. You know how I know? Think of a million random acts of chance that let John and Mary be born, to meet, to fall in love, to have the two of you. Think of the million random choices you make, and yet how each and every one of them brings you closer to your destiny. Do you know why that is? Because it's not random. It's not choice. It's a plan that is playing itself out perfectly. Free will's an illusion Dean. That's why you're going to say yes. Oh, buck up. It could be worse. You know, unlike my brothers, I won't leave you a drooling mess when I'm done wearing you."
"Well what about my dad?"
"Better than new. Infact I'm gonna do your mom and your dad a favour."
"What?"
"Scrub their minds. They won't remember me or you."
"You can't do that."
"I'm just giving your mother what she wants. She can go back to her husband, her family."
"She's gonna walk right into that nursery!"
"Obviously. And you always knew that was going to play out one way or another. You can't fight City Hall." As he said this he walked around the room and touched first Sam, then Lacey on the forehead. As he did the two of them disappeared.
"They're home, safe and sound. Your turn. I'll see you soon Dean."

Dean found himself back in the motel room, in the present. Sam and Lacey were both sat on the bed, both of them alive and fixed. There was a sound of wings fluttering and Castiel appeared next to them.
"Castiel." Sam said as he and Dean rushed forward to catch him before he collapsed.
"Hey, hey! Whoa, whoa, whoa."
"Cas! We got you." Sam told him.
"You son of a bitch, you made it."
"I...I did? I'm very surprised." He said before he passed out.
"Whoa! You're okay. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Bed?"
"Yeah, yeah." They carried Cas to the bed.
"Well I could use that drink now."
"Yeah." Dean poured them both a drink and they sat down on the bed next to Lacey.
"Well...this is it?"
"This is what?"
"Team free will. One ex blood junkie, one drop out with six bucks to his name, Mr comatose over there and Alice in Wonderland. It's awesome." Lacey rolled her eyes at him.
"It's not funny."
"I'm not laughing."
"They all say we'll say yes."
"I know. That's getting annoying."
"What if they're right?"
"They're not."
"I mean, why, why would we, either of us? But...I've been weak before."
"Sam..."
"Michael got dad to say yes."
"That was different. Anna was about to kill mom."
"And if you could save mom... what would you say?" They were quiet for a moment before Lacey interrupted their reverie.
"Maybe that's the point." She said thoughtfully.
"What?" They looked at her confused.
"Well they're all telling you you're going to say yes. Maybe they think if they drill it into you enough that you'll just accept it and say yes... like the dripping tap technique."
"She's right." Sam nodded.
"Well, look at you, practically a grown up." Dean joked, ruffling Lacey's hair. She stuck her tongue out at him and he chuckled. "Maybe not."