Desperate Souls Part 2

Soundtrack:

Redbone Come and Get your love

Wang Chung Fire in the Twilight

Lana del Rey Born to Die

Dean and Lacey followed at a distance until they reached the Sheriff Station. They crept silently through the halls until they reached the room where Sam, Bobby and Cas were being held.
"Listen, if we can make a phone call, we can straighten this all out." Sam told the Officers.
"Straighten out a massacre? I'd like to see you try." The Sheriff scoffed. Out of the corner of his eye Sam noticed the Sheriffs eyes glowing on the security monitors. When he got his chance he head butted the Sheriff.
"Jefferson Starships!" He warned the others. At that moment Dean and Lacey appeared through the wall. Dean decapitated the one that Cas had grabbed while Lacey threw a bolt of electricity at the one attacking Bobby. Sam tackled the Sheriff to the ground as Cas finished off the other one. "Dean, wait!" He protested as Dean moved in for the kill.

A short while later they had the Sheriff tied up with silver chains in the interrogation room. Sam, Dean, Lacey and Cas stood outside while Bobby questioned him.
"Well, I'll say this, you're the healthiest looking specimen I've seen all day." Bobby told him.
"I take my vitamins." The Sheriff shrugged.
"So you wanna tell us what's going on here? Hmm?" The Sheriff stayed quiet. "So you boys are Eve's cleaning crew, is that it? You uh, you come around to clean up the bodies? Make sure the word doesn't get out, huh? Is that why you snatched up the doctor?"
"You're so wasting your time. You stupid heard of cattle." The Sheriff laughed to himself. There was a noise in the distance and Sam and Dean exchanged a glance.
"More Starships." Dean guessed.
"Stay here." Sam told Cas as he and Lacey followed Dean further into the building. They entered a room and came across a row of cells. In the furthest one they found two boys bound and gagged.
"You're Dr Silver's boys." Sam said as they hurried into the cell. "Alright, don't worry. We're gonna get you out of here, okay? Uh, keys?"
"I got it." Lacey phased them out of their chains.
"Look, we're not gonna hurt you. My name is Sam. That's my brother Dean and that's Lacey. Those cops, they're not coming back ever. What are your names?" Sam asked as the boys remove the gags. The older of the two answers.
"Joe. This is Ryan."
"Hey Ryan, how you doing?" Dean asked, but the boy didn't reply.
"He won't talk, not since they came for us." Joe explained.
"Alright, listen, Joe. We're gonna get you out of here, but you understand what's going on around here, don't you? So first we've gotta make sure you're you." Joe nodded.
"How you gonna do that?"
"Well there's a few dozen tests. Okay, let's get started."

A short while later they headed back to the main room where Bobby was still interrogating the Sherrif.
"Got a couple of hungry human boys here. C'mon guys." Dean led them into an office at the end of the room.
"So you never heard 'em talk about a mother or someone named Eve?" Sam asked.
"It was just me and Ryan in there."
"And your folks?" Dean asked.
"Cops said we were next. He said we were food."
"You have any other family?"
"An uncle in Merritt."
"Merritt, what's that like 15 miles outside of town? Okay, we'll get you there."
"Dean, can I have a word?" Cas asked from the doorway. "We need to find Eve now." Cas told him once they were out of earshot.
"Yeah. Go. Me, Sam and Lacey just gotta make a milk run." Dean told him.
"We need your help here." Cas protested.
"Hold your water. We'll be back in a few."
"Dean, millions of lives are at stake here, not just two. Stay focused." Cas warned him.
"Are you kidding?" Dean stared at him.
"There's a greater purpose here."
"You know what, I'm getting a little sick and tired of the greater purposes, okay? I think what I'd like to do now is save a couple of kids. If you don't mind. We'll catch up. Okay guys, let's go, come on." The last was directed at the boys who filed out followed by Sam and Lacey. Cas watched them go.

They had hotwired a car and dropped Joe and Ryan off at their uncles house. They returned to the Sheriffs Station and found both Cas and Bobby in the interrogation room, the Sheriffs head was now separated from his body.
"Rigorous interrogation, huh?" Dean noted.
"Well, we got a location. Now we just gotta get close enough to take a shot."
"Alright. Well, let's all take one." Dean hands out the shells filled with phoenix ash. "Load 'em up. Make 'em count." They headed out and down the main street again, they soon realised that the building they were headed for was the diner they had been at earlier.
"You gotta be kidding me. She's been in there the whole time?"
"Why'd she ever let us in or out?" Sam wondered.
"Well, there's one way to find out."
"What, just stroll in? We don't know who's human or who's her."
"Well there's one way to draw her out. Me, Sam and Lacey will go in." Dean volunteered.
"Dean." Bobby protested.
"Look, if we don't get a shot off, you two better."
"That's the plan?" Bobby asked, incredulously.
"Yeah. Pretty much."
"Well, at least it ain't complicated." Bobby muttered as the three of them headed to the diner.