The Mock Turtle's Story Part 1

Sam came out of the bathroom and found Lacey lying on her front, legs in the air eating a plate of waffles. Dean was sitting next to her in his FBI suit. Both of them were staring at the TV screen.

"What are you watching?" Sam asked.

"Hospital show. Dr Sexy MD." Dean said looking shifty. "I think it's based on a book."

"When did you hit menopause?" Sam teased.

"It's called channel surfing." Dean protested before switching off the TV. "You ready?" He asked.

"Are you?" Sam replied.

"Why don't you guys get going? The quicker you get there, the quicker you get back and save me from boredom."

"Cute, Lacey, very cute." Dean called over his shoulder as they headed out the door.

Lacey was officially bored. She had done some yoga, sorted out her cuticles and now she was lying on the bed, incense lit and her eyes covered with a mask. She was just starting to doze when she heard the door to the room open. She lifted the corner of her mask and peeped out. Dean was standing by the table looking at her.

"Jeez finally, you guys took forever. Where's Sam?" She asked glancing around.

"He went to check out the crime scene."

"What happened?"

"The incredible hulk attacked a guy." Dean replied. Lacey looked at him for a moment.

"Is that a joke?" Dean shrugged his shoulders and took his suit jacket off. "That's what we're trying to figure out." Lacey nodded. She stood up from the bed and untangled the eye mask from her hair. When she looked up again Dean was standing right in front of her. They hadn't spoken about when she'd kissed him so Lacey presumed it was just a one off thing that Dean wasn't interested in repeating. Dean reached out and tucked a loose strand of her long hair behind her ear, slowly running his fingers down it. Lacey shivered slightly.

"So were you bored?" Dean asked her softly. Lacey nodded, not trusting herself to speak. "Well lets see if we can't do something about that." Dean said before leaning down and kissing her softly on the lips. Laceys breath hitched in her throat. The moment was spoiled by the sound of a key in the lock. They broke apart as Sam walked through the door.

"Hey." He called out obliviously. Dean cleared his throat.

"Find anything?"

"Well, uh, I saw the house."

"And?"

"And there is a giant eight foot wide hole where the front door used to be. Almost like uh..."

"A hulk size hole." Dean finished.

"Maybe. What do you got?"

"Well it turns out that Bill Randolph had quite the temper. He's got two counts of spousal battery, bar brawls and court ordered anger management sessions. You might say you wouldn't like him when he's angry." Lacey gave a small smile.

"So a hothead getting killed by TV's greatest hothead. Sounds like just desserts doesn't it? It's all starting to make sense."

"How is it starting to make sense?" Dean asked, baffled.

"Well I found something else at the crime scene." Sam pulled a handful of candy wrappers out of his pocket and placed them on the table. "Candy wrappers. Lots of them."

"Just desserts, sweet tooth, screwing with people before you kill 'em... we're dealing with the trickster aren't we?"

"Sure looks like it."