Heartless

Soundtrack:
Jess Glynne – Hold my hand
The Pretty Reckless – Back to the river
The Beach Boys – Little Deuce Coupe

Lacey picked up a pair of jeans from her bed and shoved them into her bag. She was packing for a weekend with her Aunts. As she pulled open a drawer to grab some t-shirts, she began to feel dizzy, her vision going in and out of focus. She sat down on the edge of the bed as her head began to pound and images flashed before her eyes. She could see a large metal bell with a tree carved into it, then she saw Sam and a moment later Dean, standing by the side of the road with Bobby, clutching his head. As the images began to fade and the pain dissipated she opened her eyes, letting out a shaky breath.
"Dean." She closed her eyes, concentrating on him. When she opened them again she was standing in the middle of the road. She turned to look around, getting her bearings and found the Impala parked by the side of the road, Dean leaning against it, Bobby by his side, just as she'd seen them moments ago.
"Dean!" She hurried over to him.
"Lacey?" He looked up, a pained expression on his face. "What are you doing here?"
"I saw something, I saw you and Sam and this weird bell thing." Dean stared at her.
"You saw it too?"
"Saw what?" Bobby asked.
"I saw Sam." Dean told him.
"It was a vision." Bobby confirmed.
"Yeah. I don't know how, but yeah. Whew. That was about as fun as getting kicked in the jewels." Dean grimaced.
"What else did you see?" Bobby asked.
"Uh, there was a bell." Dean glanced over at Lacey. "Lacey saw it too."
"Lacey had the same vision as you?" Bobby frowned. "How is that possible?"
"No idea." Dean looked at Lacey, who shrugged.
"OK, what kind of bell was it?" Bobby asked.
"Like a big bell, with some kind of engraving on it, I don't know."
"Engraving?" Bobby frowned.
"Yeah."
"Was it a tree? Like, an oak tree?" Bobby guessed. Dean and Lacey stared at him
"Yeah, exactly."
"I know where Sam is."

Dean, Bobby and Lacey climbed into the Impala and drove for several hours. As the day faded into night they stopped just outside the abandoned town of Cold Oak. As the road came to an end they got out of the car.
"Well, it looks like the rest of the way's on foot." Bobby said, as they opened up the trunk and took out some weapons.
"Let's go." Dean shut the trunk and they started trekking through the woods.
"So what's going on, what did I miss?" Lacey asked, when they were a distance away from Bobby.
"Sam disappeared, and I mean really disappeared. Demons took him, but we had no idea where. Ash was helping us find him but then the Roadhouse got burned down..."
"The Roadhouse burned down?" Lacey's voice was laced with concern.
"Yeah, Ash didn't make it."
"But Ellen and Jo are ok though, right?" Lacey asked.
"Jo's out hunting by herself, we don't know about Ellen." Lacey nodded, fairly certain she already knew the answer. There was a break in the trees and they soon found themselves on a muddy track leading up to the town. As they got closer they saw two figures that seemed to be fighting.
"Sam!" Dean called out, breaking into a run, Lacey and Bobby following suit.
"Dean!" Sam called back, walking towards them.
"Sam, look out!" Dean shouted as the other figure got to its feet and stabbed Sam in the back.
"Nooo!" Dean cried out. As he reached Sam they both fell to their knees, Dean stopping Sam from collapsing further. Bobby chased after the other guy who had taken off in the opposite direction from where they had come.
"No, Sam!" Dean grabbed at him, shaking him, trying to keep him awake but Sam's head fell forward onto his shoulder.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Sam. Sam! Hey, hey. Come here. Let me look at you." Lacey watched, her heart pounding, as Dean reached around to Sam's back, touching the wound. His hand came back covered in blood.
"Hey, look at me. It's not even that bad. It's not even that bad, all right? Sammy? Sam!" Lacey reached out a hand, holding it over Sam's wound. She closed her eyes and concentrated, using every ounce of energy she possessed. She opened her eyes and shook her head at Dean.
"I'm sorry, it's too much, I can't do it in this form." Dean nodded before turning his attention back to Sam.
"Hey, listen to me. We're gonna patch you up, okay? You'll be good as new. Huh? I'm gonna take care of you. I've got you. That's my job, right? Watch out for my pain in the ass little brother." Dean touched Sam's face but as he did, Sam's eyes slid shut and he slipped out of consciousness completely.
"Sam? Sam! Sam! Sammy!" Dean tried to wake him up, to no avail, his body completely slumped in Dean's arms now. "No. No, no, no, no, no, no. Oh, God. Oh, God." Dean began to rock Sam's lifeless body as Lacey looked on, tears streaming down her face.
"Sam!"