Waking Part 2

They left the house and went to meet up with Bobby and Cas. They found them on the main street, watching the news through a store window. The screen before them was filled with reports of floods and earthquakes.

"It's starting." Cas announced.

"Yeah, you think genius." Dean grumbled.

"You don't have to be mean." Cas replied.

"So, what do we do now?"

"I suggest we imbibe copious quantities of alcohol...just wait for the inevitable blast wave." Cas advised.

"Yeah, swell. Thank you Bukowski. I mean how do we stop it?"

"We don't. Lucifer will meet Michael on the chosen field, and the battle of Armageddon begins."

"Okay, well where's this chosen field?"

"I don't know." Cas admitted.

"Well, there's got to be something that we can do."

"I'm sorry Dean. This is over."

"You listen to me, you junkless sissy." Dean rounded on Cas. "We are not giving up. Bobby? Bobby?"

"There was never much hope to begin with. I don't know what to do." He told them, defeated.

Dean had wandered off back towards the Impala talking on his phone. Lacey, Cas and Bobby reached him just as he closed the door and started the engine. He saw them coming towards him and wound the window down.

"Where are you going?" Lacey asked him.

"I spoke with Chuck. Found out where the prize fight is going down. I'm heading there now."

"I'm coming with you then." Dean nodded and she teleported into the passenger seat beside him.

"You just don't give up." Bobby sighed.

"It's Sam!" Dean replied.

"If you couldn't reach him here you certainly won't be able to on the battlefield." Cas told him.

"Well, if we've already lost, I got nothing to lose right?"

"I just want you to understand, the only thing you're gonna see out there is Michael killing your brother."

"Well then I'm not gonna let him die alone." He told them before closing the window and driving off.

They drove through the night and reached Lawrence at midday.

"So, this is it." Dean said as he pulled up outside Stulls Cemetery. "Last chance to get out, sweetheart."

"I'm not going anywhere." Lacey told him.

"Are you sure? Free pass. If you don't want to go in there, I'd understand."

"Dean, stop being an idiot and just drive." She told him. He gave her a small smile before turning the engine back on and driving into the cemetery. As they got further in Dean pulled a cassette out of the glove compartment and put it into the player. As they approached the main clearing Def Leppard blasted out of the speakers. They could see Adam and Sam standing in the middle of the clearing staring at them. Dean got out of the car and Lacey followed suit.

"Howdy boys. Sorry. Am I interrupting something?" They continued to glare at him. "Hey. We need to talk."

"Dean, even for you this is a whole new mountain of stupid." Lucifer said through Sam's body.
"I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Sam." Dean told him.

"You're no longer the vessel Dean. You got no right to be here." Michael spoke through Adam.

"Adam, if you're in there somewhere, I am so sorry."