The Heart is a Lonely Hunter Part 1

Sam, Dean, Lacey and Bobby had made their way to the Campbell compound, which since Samuels death had been abandoned.
"It's here somewhere. I know it." Sam said as they crowded into Samuels office. "Can you move this, Lace?" He asked pointing to Samuels desk. Lacey shrugged and pushed the desk out of the way with one hand. As the dust settled on the ground they found themselves looking at a trap door.
"I'll be damned." Bobby muttered. Sam pulled open the trap door. He turned on his flash light and began to climb down the ladder to the level below. Lacey was the last one to descend and Dean held out a hand to help her down the last few steps.
"Thank you." She smiled at him. Sam rolled his eyes. "It's always good to be chivalrous, Sam. No matter how powerful the other person is." Lacey told him.
"I'll remember that." Sam chuckled. "Welcome to the Campbell family library." He said as he switched on the lights. Dean, Lacey and Bobby looked around in surprise.
"So, Samuel collected all this stuff, huh?"
"Apparently."
"Wow. All right, well, what are we looking for?"
"Well, anything that'll put a run in the Octomom's stockings. Pick a row." Bobby told them. The four of them split up and started looking through the books.

A short while later they were all sat round the table poring through the books.
"Bingo." Bobby exclaimed. They all looked up and turned their attentions to him. "Any of you jokers ever hear anything about a Phoenix?"
"River, Joaquin or the giant flaming bird?" Dean asked.
"It says here that the ashes of a Phoenix can burn the mother."
"The mother?" Sam confirmed.
"Great. Where do we get one?"
"You got me." Bobby shrugged. "I thought it was a myth."
"There's one in Dumbledore's office." Lacey interjected. The three of them stared at her. "Yeah you're right, probably not the right kind. Plus we can't kill his pet."
"All right, great. Well, let's see if we can find something out about a Phoenix." The four of them carried on reading for a while until Dean shouted;
"Guys! Guys, guys, guys, guys, check this out." Dean began to read from the book he was holding. "March 5th 1861. Sunrise, Wyoming. Gun killed a Phoenix today. Left a pile of smoldering ash."
"Really? Whose gun?" Sam asked.
"Colt's." Dean looked pleased with himself.
"Colt? Colt like..."
"Like the Colt. From..." Dean turned the book around. "Samuel Colt's Journal."
"What?! That's his."
"Yeah."

"Dude, no."

"Dude, yes." Lacey watched this exchange with amusement.
"Well, let me see it."

"Get your own." Dean pulled the book out of reach.
"Well, what else did he say about the Phoenix? What does it look like? Has it got feathers?" Bobby asked.
"It just says 'Phoenix'."
"Did he say where he tracked it?"
"No."
"All right, so I guess we got to find one of our own, whatever it is." Sam surmised.
"I know where we can find one." They all turned to Dean expectantly. "March 5th, 1861. Sunrise, Wyoming. We'll Star Trek 4 this bitch." He was met by three blank faces.
"I only know Star Wars." Lacey shrugged.
"I only watched Deep Space Nine." Bobby confessed.
"It's like I don't even know you guys anymore." Dean shook his head sadly. "Star Trek 4. Save the whales. We hop back in time, we join up with Samuel Colt, we hunt the Phoenix and then we haul the ashes back home with us."
"Time travel?" Bobby sounded Sceptical.
"Yeah."
"That's a reasonable plan?"
"We got a guy who can swing it. " Dean closed his eyes and started to pray. "Castiel. The, uh, fate of the world is in the balance. So, come on down here. Come on, Cas. I Dream of Jeannie your ass down here pronto. Please." He tried. There was a flutter of feathers and a female angel was standing before them.
"Jeannie?" Dean asked.
"Rachel. I understand you need some assistance? How can I help you?"
"Well, uh, we kind of need to talk to the Big Kahuna." Dean told her.
"I'm here on Castiel's behalf."
"Where is he?" Sam asked.
"Busy."
"Busy?"
"Yes."
"Well, we've got a line on the mother of freaking everything, so..."
"I'm sure your issue's very important. But Castiel is currently commanding an army so.." Lacey frowned at her. She did not like how bossy this angel was.
"So we get stuck with Miss Moneypenny." Dean finished.
"So you need to learn your place." Lacey's eye's widened at this and she got to her feet.
"Look, I don't know who you think you are..."
"I'm his friend." Rachel told them coldly.
"What, you think we're not?" Sam frowned.
"I think you call him when you need something. We're fighting a war."
"We get that."
"Clearly you don't, or you wouldn't call him every time you stub your toe, petty, entitled, little..." Lacey let out a growl and moved forward, squaring up to Rachel, her skin starting to flame.
"Rachel. That's enough." They turned to see Cas standing beside them. He put a hand on Lacey's shoulder, calming her down.
"I told you I'd take care of this."
"It's all right. You can go."
"You're staying?" Rachel sounded incredulous.
"Go. I'll come when I can." Rachel disappeared.
"Wow. Friend of yours?" Dean asked, sarcastically.
"Yes. She's my lieutenant. She's committed to the cause. Now, what do you need?"