Her Handsome Hero

Soundtrack:
The Pretty Reckless- Why'd you bring a shotgun to the party
Bruce Springsteen- Born to Run
Civil Twilight- Holy Dove

The weekend rolled around and Lacey found herself alone at the cabin. Her Aunts were on a cruise to the Bahamas so she'd purposefully made no other plans. She was going to spend the whole weekend with Dean. She got herself comfy on the couch and closed her eyes. She had been looking forward to this all week. When she opened her eyes again she was standing in a darkened office. As she glanced around the door opened and Dean walked in, followed by a chubby guy with curly hair, holding a gun.
"Check behind the desk." Dean ordered.
"Well look what the cat dragged in." Lacey smirked at him. Dean glanced over as she stepped out of the darkness. His expression was one of relief.
"Am I glad to see you."
"Why, what's going on?"
"There's a shapeshifter in here with us, Ronald over there decided to deal with it by holding up the bank, so now we're stuck inside with no way of knowing who it is." Dean kept his voice low so as not to attract Ronald's attention. There was a shout and Ronald disappeared behind the desk. Dean and Lacey walked over to find him lying on the floor, a puddle of slime next to him. He struggled to his feet, pointing his gun at it.
"What the hell is that?" Lacey watched him, half amused at his antics. Dean turned on the desk lamp and Lacey instantly recognised it as the discarded skin of the shapeshifter.
"Oh, great. When it changes form, it sheds its old skin. So, now it could be anybody." To Lacey's obvious disgust Ronald picked it up and sniffed it.
"It's so, so weird. It's robot skin is so lifelike."
"He's lost his marbles, hasn't he?" Lacey said, watching him. Dean rolled his eyes in agreement.
"Okay, let's get something straight. It's, it's not a Mandroid. It's a shapeshifter."
"Shapeshifter?" Ronald dropped the skin and stared at him blankly.
"Yeah. I mean, it's human, more or less. Has human drives and in this case it's money. But it generates its own skin, it can shape it to match someone else's features, you know, taller, shorter, male."
"So, it kills someone and then takes their place."
"Kills them, doesn't kill them, I don't think it really matters." Dean shrugged as he began to search the desk.
"What are you doing?" Dean picked up a letter opened and examined it.
"Nice. You remember the old werewolf stories? Pretty much came from these guys. Silver's the only thing I've seen that hurts them. Come on." He headed for the door, Lacey beside him. Ronald glanced down at the skin before following them, grinning to himself. "What are you, nuts?" Dean asked as Ronald began to laugh to himself.
"That's just it. I'm not nuts. I mean, I was so scared that I was losing my marbles. But this is real! I mean, I was right! Except for the Mandroid thing. Thank you."
"Yeah, don't mention it." Suddenly the lights went out. Lacey grabbed Dean's hand.
"Dammit! No, no, no, no, no, no."
"What? What is it?"
"They cut the power. Probably their way of saying hi."
"Who?"
"The cops."
"The cops?!" Ronald looked startled.
"Well, you weren't exactly a smooth criminal about this, Ron. I mean, you didn't even secure the security guard. He probably called them."
"Well, I didn't, I didn't think..." Ronald stuttered.
"All right, hang on, hang on, let's just take a breath here for a second, all right? They've probably got us surrounded. They've cut the power to the cameras so there's no way of telling who the shapeshifter is. It's not looking good Ron." Dean sighed. There was a noise in the distance and the three of them turned. "Did you hear that?" Dean asked.

They separated, Dean and Lacey going one way and Ron the other, trying to find out what had made the noise. As they crept down the dark corridor, Lacey felt a tug on her arm and Dean pulled her into one of the deserted offices.
"What..." Dean shut the door behind them.
"Well, we have two minutes..." Dean grinned at her.
"Dean, we're in the middle of a bank heist and you want to make out?" Lacey gave him a disbelieving look.
"How often do we have time alone?" Dean asked, raising an eyebrow at her.
"Okay, I take your point. We really had better be quick though." Lacey shrugged.

"Dean?" Five minutes later they heard Ron outside the door. Dean let out a groan of protest before opening it.
"Yeah?"
"I found some more people. Here." Ron handed him a gun. Dean let out a sigh and held the door open for Lacey who walked out, righting her clothing. They followed Ron and the group of people he'd found back down to the vault. Dean opened it up.
"Oh my god, you saved us! You saved us!" One of the women inside jumped to her feet.
"Actually, I just found a few more. Come one, everybody, let's go. Let's go." Dean ushered them inside the vault.
"What are you doing?" The woman looked at him in shock.
"Sam, look, Ronald and I need to talk to you." Sam stepped out of the vault and Dean shut it behind him.
"Why do you look so dishevelled?" Sam frowned, taking in Dean's mussed up hair and clothes.
"No I don't..." Dean looked sheepish as he straightened his shirt. Sam glared at him. "Okay, Lacey's here." Dean shrugged. Sam rolled his eyes.
"Really, Dean? Now?" Lacey bit her lip. She recognised the look on Sam's face all too well.
"Shush. Look, it's shed it's skin again. We don't know when, it could be in the halls, it could be in the vault."
"Great. You know, Dean, you are wanted by the police." Sam reminded him.
"Yeah."
"So even if we do find this damn thing, how the hell are we gonna get out of here?"
"Well, one problem at a time. All right, I'm gonna do a sweep of the whole place, see if we can find any stragglers. Once we get everyone together we've got to play a little game of find the freak, so here." Dean handed him the letter opener. "Found another one of these for you. Now stay here, make sure Ronald doesn't hurt anybody, okay? Help him manage the situation."
"Help him manage? Are you insane?" Sam asked, raising his voice. Ronald looked over at them suspiciously but Dean gave him a smile and a thumbs up.
"Look, I know this isn't going the way we wanted."
"Understatement!"
"But if we invite the cops in right now, Ronald gets arrested, we get arrested, the shifter gets away, probably never find it again, okay?" Dean reasoned. Sam glanced over at Ronald who was peering out of one of the windows. Sam pointed at him exasperatedly. "Ron! Out of the light!" Dean hissed at him.
"Seriously?!" Sam glared at Dean.
"Yeah, Ron's game plan was a bad plan, I mean, it was a bit of a crazy plan, but right now crazy's the only game in town, okay?" Dean slapped Sam on the shoulder before heading out of the room with Lacey.
"Hi, Ronald." Sam gave him one of his bitch-face smiles.
Dean and Lacey began searching the bank, stopping in every rooms to make sure no one was hiding in it. They were searching one of the offices when Dean pointed at one of the ceiling tiles, which was slightly askew. He picked up one of the coat stands by the door and used it to dislodge the tile. Lacey took a step back, letting out a gasp as a body fell from within the ceiling. Dean bent down to examine it.
"Wasn't he in the vault?" Lacey asked. Dean nodded grimly.