Ill Boding Patterns

Soundtrack:
Mariah Carey – All I Want for Christmas
The Police – Roxanne
Michael Sembello – Maniac

Lacey sat back on the sofa in her Aunts living room. Spread out across the coffee table were several different snacks her Aunt Rose had made.
"Here you go!" Sophia came out from the kitchen carrying a plate of desserts.
"Oh, what are those?" Lacey asked, cautiously.
"Don't worry, I made them." Sophia muttered to her as she put the plate down.
"Cool." Lacey grabbed one quickly from the plate.
"It's so nice to spend Easter together like this." Blanche commented. "What do you normally do for the holiday's, Lacey?"
"We don't really celebrate much to be honest. The guys are usually so busy, we just never get around to it." Lacey said, through a mouthful of cake.
"What not even Christmas?" Rose looked at her, shocked.
"I mean we did last year, but that was the first time I had in years." Lacey mused. "I wonder..." She got to her feet, putting her plate down on the table.
"Would you guys excuse me for a bit. I've got a bit of a headache. I'll just lie down in one of the bedrooms for a bit."
"Use mine, honey." Blanche offered.
"Thanks." Lacey smiled at them before heading down the hallway towards the bedrooms. She opened the door to her Aunt Blanche's lavishly decorated room. Shutting it behind her she leant against the door and waved her hands to close the drapes. She walked over to the bed and sat down, scooching up into the pillows. A movement above her caught her eye and she looked up. She let out a sigh, half relieved and half disturbed by the fact that it was just her own reflection in the ceiling mirror. She closed her eyes and got comfy. She didn't know if this would work but it was worth a try. She concentrated on Dean but let her mind wander a little, thinking of the holidays.

When she opened her eyes she was standing in one of the many non-descript motel rooms she had spent so much time in over the last few years.
"Jeez!" Dean walked in through the door behind her and almost dropped the bag he was holding. Sam looked up from his lap top. "Some warning would be nice, Lace."
"Sorry." Lacey shrugged. It's not like I knew you were going to walk in then. Dean shook his head but gave her a smile.
"So, was I right? Is it the serial killing chimney sweep?" Dean asked Sam.
"Yep, it's actually Dick Van Dyke." Sam smirked.
"Who?" Dean frowned.
"Mary Poppins?" Sam tried.
"Who's that?"
"Please tell me you're joking right now?" Lacey stared at him in shock.
"Am I supposed to know who that is?" Dean shrugged.
"Uh, yeah. Mary Poppins is like, the most famous nanny in the world. You've never heard A Spoonful of Sugar?"
"I've eaten it." Dean shrugged. Lacey laughed and shook her head.
"Right, I should have known, musicals, not really your thing."
"You know only hearing one side of a conversation is kind of disorienting." Sam told the room at large.
"Ok. Well, it turns out that Walsh is the second guy in town grabbed out of his house this month." Dean said, changing the subject.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah."
"The other guy get dragged up a chimney too?"
"Don't know. Witnesses said they heard a thump on the roof. So what the hell do you think we're dealing with?" Sam sighed and closed his laptop.
"Actually, I have an idea."
"Yeah?"
"It's gonna sound crazy." Sam warned.
"What could you possibly say that sounds crazy to me?"
"Evil Santa." Sam tried.
"Yeah, that's crazy." Dean returned as Lacey let out a giggle.
"Wait, is it Christmas?" Lacey asked, excitedly.
"Yeah." Dean shrugged.
"I did it! I actually did it." Lacey's smile widened and she bounced a little on her heels. Dean smirked and raised an eyebrow in question.
"I was thinking about the holidays and that we don't celebrate them often so I concentrated on you and Christmas and, voila!" Lacey threw out her arms for effect. Dean chuckled at her antics as Sam brought his research over for Dean to look at.
"I mean, I'm just saying that there's some version of the anti-Claus in every culture. You got Belsnickel, Krampus, Black Peter. Whatever you want to call it, there's all sorts of law."
"Saying what?" Dean frowned, looking through the pages.
"Saying, back in the day, Santa's brother went rogue and now he shows up around Christmas time but instead of bringing presents, he punishes the wicked."
"By hauling their ass up chimneys?" Dean sounded sceptical.
"For starters, yeah."
"So, this is your theory, huh? Santa's shady brother?"
"Well, I'm just saying, that's what the lore says." Sam shrugged.
"Santa doesn't have a brother. There is no Santa."
"Yeah, I know. You're the one who told me that in the first place remember? Yeah, you know what, I could be wrong... I gotta be wrong." Sam took back the research and sat back down to start over.
"Maybe, maybe not."
"What?"
"I did a little digging. Turns out both victims visited the same place before they got snatched."
"Where?" Sam and Lacey asked at the same time.