Humpty Dumpty Part 1

"Drive faster Dean!" Sam yelled as Dean sped down the road.

"I can't! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm amazing."

"You ever seen that many?"

"No, no way not in one place."

"What the hell!" Dean stamped on the breaks so hard Lacey was almost thrown into the front seat. In front of them a tree had fallen across the road. As if that wasn't bad enough, someone had set it on fire. "Damn it!" Dean cursed. He began to reverse when one of the windows was smashed and demons tried to pull Sam out the window. All of a sudden the demons began to scream as they were doused with water from a nearby fire truck. The people on board aimed the hoses at the demons. One of them began to exorcise the demons over a megaphone. A moment later and it was all over.

"Well that's something you don't see every day." Dean commented as they got out of the car.

"You guys all right?" On of the guys asked as he got down from the truck.

"Peachy." Dean replied sarcastically as the three of them got out of the car.

"Be careful. It's...it's dangerous around here." The guy turned to walk away.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait." Dean called after him.

"No need to thank us." The guy replied returning to the fire truck.
"No, hold up a sec! Who are you?"

"We're the Sacrament Lutheran Militia."

"I'm sorry, the what?"

"I hate to tell you this but those were demons, and this is the apocalypse. So...buckle up." The three of them exchanged surprised glances. Dean indicated the guy to come over and Sam opened the trunk of the Impala.

"Looks like we're in the same line of business." Sam commented.
"And among colleagues. That's a police issued shot gun. And that truck is uh...inspired. Where'd you guys pick up all this crap?" Dean asked.

"You know you pick things up along the way." Another guy joined them.

"Guys come one, this whole corner of the state is nuts with demon omens. We just want to help. That's all."
"We're on the same team here. Just talk to us." Sam reasoned.

"Follow us." They guys climbed back into their truck and they followed behind them in the Impala. The sun was just beginning to break over the horizon as they drove into town. The whole place looked like it had been set up as military barracks. They parked outside the church and got out of the car. As they wandered in they noticed armed guards standing outside and a devils trap painted on the floor. They passed through and into the church where the entire congregation seemed to be present. They stood at the back as there were no seats left. Lacey lent against Dean, yawning.

"You okay?" He asked her quietly, putting his arm around her. She nodded and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Who would have thought the apocalypse could be so romantic? Marriage, family...it's a blessing. Especially in times like this. So, hold onto that." The Pastor spoke from the front of the church.

"Wedding?" Sam asked looking at the couples standing around the font. "Seriously?"

"Yeah. We've had eight so far this week." One of the guys from the truck told them as he came to stand beside them.

When the ceremony was over they left the church, the rest of the congregation excitedly congratulating the newly weds. The Pastor came over and shook their hands.

"Paul tells me you boys hunt demons."

"Uh..yes Sir." Sam replied.

"You missed a few."