A Caucaus Race and a Long Tale

Sam paced outside of Bobby's room. Bobby was sat in a wheelchair staring out of the window. As Sam continued his pacing he spotted Dean coming around the corner with a manila envelope in his hand. Dean peered into the room and spotted Bobby.

"It's been three days now. We got to cheer him up. Maybe I'll give him a back rub."

"Dean." Sam warned.

"Look we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time." Sam nodded at the envelope in Deans hand.

"What's in the envelope?"

"Went to radiology." Dean said as he removed the x-ray from the envelope. "Got some glamour shots." He held the x-ray up to the light where they could clearly see signs and sigils etched into the bones of the ribs. "Lets just say the doctors are baffled."

"Holy crap." Sam said as he examined it.

"Yeah well Cas carved you one too." Dean reminded him. As Dean was putting the x-ray back in the envelope Lacey strode past them at an alarming rate. Dean raised an eyebrow at Sam before they followed her in. As they entered Lacey was placing four plastic cups on the table beside Bobby's bed.

"Here you go Bobby, I got us all drinks."

"Thanks." Bobby replied gruffly as he rolled over to the table and picked up a cup. Sam and Dean went to pick theirs up just as Bobby started to splutter.

"What in hell is this?" he exclaimed. Lacey stared at him wide eyed. Sam took a sip of his drink.

"It's only hot chocolate."

"Why would you get me hot chocolate?" Bobby asked exasperated.

"Cause coffee is gross." Lacey said as if it was the most obvious answer in the world. Dean smiled at the stunned look on Bobbys face. Suddenly Sams phone went off.

"Hello? Castiel?"

"Speak of the devil." Dean muttered.

"Ah St Martins Hospital, why? What are you...Cas?" Moments later Castiel was standing in the door way.

"Cellphone Cas? Really? Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?"

"You're hidden from angels now, all angels, I won't be able to simply..."

"Enough foreplay." Bobby interrupted him. Everyone turned to stare at him. "Get over here and lay your damn hands on me." Everyone continued to stare at him. Lacey started to giggle and Bobby shot a glare at her. "Get healing. Now."

"I can't." Castiel said slowly.

"Say again?" Bobby said beginning to get agitated. Cas walked towards him.

"I'm cut off from heaven and much of heavens power. Certain things I can do. Certain things I can't."

"You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life?"

"I'm sorry." Cas apologised.

"Shove it up your ass." Bobby growled.

"At least he's talking now." Dean muttered. Bobby glared at him.

"I hear that." Lacey smiled at Dean and he offered his usual grin back. Cas turned to Sam and Dean.

"I don't have much time. We need to talk."

"Okay." Dean nodded.

"Your plan to kill Lucifer."

"Yeah you want to help?"