Quiet Minds Part 2

Soundtrack:

Marilyn Manson Tainted Love
Led Zeppelin Ramble On
Taylor Swift I knew you were trouble

Several hours later Dean began to stir in his chair.

"How long was I out?" He yawned.

"'Bout 36 hours." Frank guessed.

"What? Why didn't you wake me?"

"Not your butler. Come see this." Dean got up and stretched his back out before quietly walking over to the screens so as not to wake Lacey who was curled up in another chair, covered with a blanket.

"What?"

"This is where it gets good." Frank tried to zoom in and ended up focusing on a couple making out in a car.
"Frank, you need to get out more." Dean told him.

"Not that." Frank tutted before adjusting the zoom. They were now focused on the field they had been at earlier and a woman was walking across it, holding files and a walkie-talkie. "Check out Sarah Palin."

"Who is she?" Dean squinted at the screen.

"Amanda Willer." Frank hit a button on the keyboard and brought up her ID. "Surprise, surprise, works for Richard Roman."

"What was she doing?"

"Being a naughty, bossy little girl." Frank informed him.

"Well, I hate to ask for that in the non-porno version." Dean raised an eyebrow.

"They're surveying. They're getting ready to build something."

"Build what?" Dean asked.

"Exactly. What? No idea."

"Well, how do we find out?"

"We watch. Patience, grasshopper." Frank nodded at the screen where more people were gathering and setting up the surveying equipment.

"Yeah, patience and me aren't exactly on terms." Dean sighed and sat back down in his chair.

"Well, then go out and kill something or whatever you kids do to blow off steam. What, you don't like my suggestion?" Frank waved him off.

"I don't think you're in a position to be giving suggestions, all right? I think you're one tinfoil hat away from a rubber room." Dean narrowed his eyes at him.

"Did I mention you look awful?" Dean growled under his breath and rolled his eyes.

"Yes. Maybe because somebody I cared about just got shot in the head. And this is like shoving a rock up a hill. And – screw you."

"Here's my advice you didn't ask for – quit. And while you're at it, take better care of that girl."

"What?!" Dean's head shot up at that.

"You want to keep going?"

"I want Dick Roman on a spit."

"But you're gonna drive yourself into the ground first. Good plan. Even better, you're taking her down with you. Now, normally I wouldn't care less, but I like the girl, she's not your usual blonde airhead without an original thought in her brain. And you've got that, and you're throwing it all away?" Frank's eyes blazed.

"I'm not gonna quit. It's not even an option. I'm not gonna walk out on my brother. And I'm not taking Lacey down. She can walk out of here any time she wants."

"She doesn't want to. She's not gonna give up that easy. So you want more unsolicited advise? Do what I did."

"What? Go native? Stock up on C-rations?" Dean joked.