No Good Deed Part 2

A little later they headed back to the abandoned house. As Dean opened the door Sam came around the corner with his gun pointed at them. Lacey started and let out a high pitched shriek that caused the glass light fixture on the wall to explode.
"Jeez." She said as Sam put his gun down.
"Hey Sam, so how does it feel to be a fugitive again?" Dean asked, referring to the call Sam had made to them earlier, telling them about being arrested for beating up a cop last time he was here and how the former Sheriffs wife had let him out of jail. "Hate to say I told you so."
"You love to say I told you so." Sam reminded him.
"Actually, you're right, I do love to say I told you so. So we found out something on crazy eyes McGee. Turns out you two knew each other."
"What?" Sam looked confused.
"Biblically. I just spoke to her roommate. I got to say man, you really got around. I mean, soulless or not, I'm actually kind of impressed." Dean admitted. The police scanner on the table buzzed to life.
"Eight Sierra Papa. Got a 1057, 1100 block of Hope Street, over."
"Missing person, another one." Sam translated.
"Okay, alright, we'll go, you stay." Dean sighed as they headed for the door again.
"Yeah, fine." Sam waved them off. Dean stopped as he opened the door.
"Sam?"
"What?"
"Stay here." Dean instructed.
"Fine. Go." Sam huffed as the two of them left, closing the door behind them.

It turned out the missing person was the woman they had met at the restaurant earlier that day.
"Listen, thank you for your time, we're on it." Dean reassure Don as they were leaving.
"Yeah, thanks." Don sounded like he was in shock. They headed down the front walk.
"I've figured it out." Dean told Lacey as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. He dialled Sam's number but it just went to voicemail. "Sam, answer the phone, damn it. I found the connection between the missing chicks. They all banged the same dude; you. It's you Sam. The texts, the victims, all of it, it's a trap for you. Call me back." Dean hung up the phone. "Come on." He took hold of Lacey's hand and they headed for the Impala.
"I hope you're right." Lacey told him as they got in the car.
"Me too." Dean replied, starting the engine. Lacey glanced behind them.
"You know if you are... there's always the back seat." Dean glanced at her in surprise.
"Sweetheart, it's like you read my mind." He joked as he pulled away from the kerb.

When they got back to the abandoned house they found it empty. Dean drove them across town to where the former sheriff's wife lived, guessing that was where they would find him. As they approached the house they saw Sam standing on the porch, listening to his voicemail. Dean walked up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. Sam spun around, pointing his gun at them.
"Whoa, whoa!" Dean held up his hands.
"I almost shot you...again. What the hell?"
"I figure you'd come and talk to her. I told you to stay home, man. Did you get my message? Come on, we got to get you out of here. Let's go."

They headed back to the house, trying to figure out what they were dealing with.
"Well we know that this is a monster with opposable thumbs and unlimited text messaging, and we know that it wants to kill you specifically. Does that about cover it?"
"It's an Arachne."
"A what?" Dean asked, confused.
"I remembered." Sam confessed.
"You remembered? I'm sorry. Uh, what else have you remembered?" Dean glared.
"Don't worry, alright, it's nothing to do with hell." Sam tried to reassure him.
"Uhuh, not yet anyway."
"What can I do Dean? The stuff is just starting to come back, all right? Maybe it's natural."
"We're leaving." Dean told him.
"No, we can't."
"We are not the only hunters on the planet, okay? We can call Bobby. He and Rufus can come and wrap up."
"How? Like you said it could be anybody. We've got Jack for leads." Sam pointed out.
"We know that it hates you."
"I know who did this, I just... I can't remember."
"I don't think you get the risk here Sam." Dean told him sternly.
"Yes, I do."
"Really? You get that every time you scratch that wall, that you are playing Russian Roulette?"
"Dean, I get that you're worried, ok? And I know what you think is going to happen. But you know what? It will or it won't."
"Sam..." Dean began before he was interrupted.
"Look, I'm starting to think that I might have done some bad stuff here, Dean. And so I don't care if it's dangerous. I have to set things right. Cause I've got a friggin' soul now and.... And it won't let me just walk away. I'm staying here and I need you two to back me up."
"All right. Why not? Well let's "Memento" this thing shall we?" The three of them pinned all of the research to the wall. Dean put his arm around Lacey as the three of them stared as the wall. Sam's expression was glazed over.
"You ok?" Dean asked, breaking the spell.
"I know what happened." Sam told them.