Adrift Part 2

"Lisa!? Ben!?" Dean yelled. When he got no reply he pulled his phone out of his pocket. He was about to dial her number when the two of them came through the door.
"Where the hell have you been?"
"We were at the movies, you knew that." Dean grabbed her in a hug. "Dean, ow."
"What happened?" Ben asked.
"Go upstairs and pack a bag." Dean instructed.
"Where are we going?" Lisa asked.
"I'm taking us to a friend's house. Go. It's okay, go on up. I'll be there in a sec." Dean reassured them.
"What the hell?" Lisa asked as Ben headed for the door. He came to a halt.
"Um..." Lisa looked up and saw Sam standing in the doorway.
"Oh, my god."
"Lisa, Ben, I don't know if you remember..." Dean started.
"Sam." Lisa finished.

They drove through the night and ended up at Bobby's the following morning. As Bobby opened the door he gave Dean his usual gruff look.
"Damn it." He muttered.
"It's good to see you too Bobby. It's been a while."
"If you're here, something's wrong." Bobby said as he stepped aside to let them in.
"Bobby this is Lisa and Ben."
"Hi." Lisa smiled wanly.
"Well it's nice to finally meet you two. Mi casa es su casa. Maybe you want to just go upstairs. TV's broken but there's plenty of Readers Digests. Just don't touch the décor, okay? Assume it's all loaded." They headed upstairs.
"So..." Dean began.
"Hey Bobby." Sam nodded as he stepped through the front door too.
"Sam." Bobby nodded.
"You knew? You knew Sam was alive?" Dean asked angrily.
"Yeah."
"How long?"
"Look..." Bobby started.
"How long!?"
"All year."
"Oh, you got to be kidding me!" Dean fumed.
"And I'd do it again." Bobby told him.
"Why?!"
"Because you got out Dean!" Bobby yelled at him. "You walked away from the life. And I was so damn grateful, you got no idea."
"Do you have any idea what walking away meant for me?" Dean asked. His was barely able to stop his voice from breaking at that moment.
"Yeah, a woman and a kid and not getting your guts ripped out at age 30. That's what it meant."
"That woman and that kid... I went to them because of you guys." Dean told them.
"Good."
"Good for who? I showed up on their doorstep half out of my head with grief. God knows why they even let me in. I drank too much. I had nightmares. I looked everywhere. I collected hundreds of books, trying to find anything to bust you out."
"You promised you'd leave it alone." Sam told him gently.
"Of course I didn't leave it alone! Sue me! A damn year? You couldn't put me out of my misery?"
"Look, I get it wasn't easy. But that's life!" Bobby informed him. "And it's as close to happiness as I've ever seen a hunter get. It ain't like I wanted to lie to you son. But you were out, Dean."
"Do I look out to you?" Dean asked him, softly.

As Dean disappeared into the house to talk to Lisa Sam's phone began to ring. He pulled it out of his pocket and wandered out into the scrap yard to answer it.
"Hi Lacey."
"Hey. Well...I'm here...what do you need me to do?" Lacey asked.
"Where are you at the moment?" Sam asked.
"I'm outside the compound, why where are you?"
"I'm at Bobby's at the moment. Look why don't I meet you at that address I gave you in two hours?" Sam suggested.
"Sure, I'll see you then." Lacey replied before he hung up.

A while later Sam and Dean arrived at the Campbell compound and let themselves into the building.
"What's the plan?" Dean asked as they congregated in the main room.
"Well right now we stock up, get set." Christian told him.
"So you're saying there is no plan." Dean raised an eyebrow at him.
"We'll find them. Just got to be patient."
"Yeah, okay. Oh, here's an idea." He replied sarcastically." Why don't we go kill the sons of bitches that broke into my home?"
"Relax Dean. We got it handled. Djinn are hard to draw out. Now you've been out of the game for a while. Leave it to the professionals."
"Yeah sure. Tiny suggestion. You see Djinn are easier to draw out when you got bait. They want Sam and me. They know where I live. Now, I haven't been hunting in a while, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and guess that's a pretty good place to go. See? It's almost like I'm a professional." Dean grinned.

When they reached the house everyone spread out to look around.
"Huh, I love this one. This uh, yours or your wife's?" Gwen asked cheekily as she picked up a magazine from the table. Mark picked up a photo frame from the sideboard. Dean grabbed it off him and put it back.
"Hey, do me a favour, don't touch that." Dean turned around to find Sam going through the hall closet.
"Golf really?" He asked as he pulled a club out of the holder and gave Dean a look.
It's...It's a sport." Dean shot back. Sam shook his head at him before putting the club away. Dean sighed and headed into the kitchen, leaving them to it. He found Samuel sat at the breakfast bar,
"Nice house." He commented.
"Oh yea, go ahead, say it... call me a soccor mom. Whatever."
"Soccor Mom huh?" Samuel looked at him surprised. "Well I'll have to look that up on the intranet. You know believe it or not...I get it, Dean. You wanted a normal life. Your Mom wanted a normal life too. You remind me of her actually. The attitude for one thing. Your brother tell you what we been dealing with the past few months?" He asked changing the subject.
"No, not really."
"I've never seen anything quite like it. Been working round the clock."
"So what's going on?" Dean asked.
"We don't know. But whatever it is, it goes way past a couple of Djinn acting off, nocturnals attacking in daylight, werewolves out on the half moon, creatures that we've never even seen before. We don't... we don't even know what they are. I'm knee deep in half eaten human hearts and exsanguinated 10 year olds, and it's all making me...uneasy."
"So what's your theory?"
"You tell me. All we really know is it's all hands on deck. We're counting on each other right now. That's how it is with Campbell's. We need you Dean." Dean let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair.
"Look, I hear you, but..."
"You don't know what you're part of Dean. You know you had ancestors hacking heads off vamps on the Mayflower. What I'm saying is we're your blood. And we're out there dying, trying to get in front of whatever this is. Maybe not the best time for golf."