True North

Soundtrack:

Vampire Weekend Unbelievers

Echo and the Bunnymen People are strange

Rogue Traders Voodoo Child

The Impala's headlight flickered across the deserted landscape as Dean drove through one of the many country back roads. He was focused on the road and was only alerted to the presence of someone else in the car when a deep voice sounded;
"Hello, Dean. Are you alright?" The car swerved a little as Dean jumped at the noise.
"Yeah I'm...I'm fine. How are you?"
"Just wanted to check in." Cas replied nonchalantly.
So, any word on uh, Satan Junior being alive?"
"I'm... looking, believe me. I just don't understand how Crowley could have tricked me."
"Well he's a tricky son of a bitch, that's how. Doesn't matter. But if he is up and kicking, then what does matter is finding him, ripping his head off and shoving it up his ass." Dean replied, graphically.
"What about you, have you found anything?"
"No, nothing yet."
"Where are Sam and Lacey?" Cas asked, noticing the empty back seat.
"They're keeping busy. They're tracking a Djinn in Omaha as we speak. In fact, I'm heading out there right now to meet up with them."
"Well, I'd come if I could." Cas told him.
"Yeah, no I get it, no worries. But, Cas, you'll call right? If you get into real trouble?" Dean glanced at the passenger side when he didn't get a reply and found the seat next to him empty. He let out a sigh and then turned the music on, cranking it right up as he pushed the car to go faster.

A few hours later Dean was back at Bobby's. Bobby had been tracking some unusual demon activity, a bunch of them had been taking out groups of monsters. Bobby had one of them tied to a chair in his living room, interrogating him with Sam.
"I got to tell you Redd, for a lower than snake spit hellspawn, you seem to have turned yourself into a damn fine hunter. I don't know whether to kill you or kiss you."
"Oh please, kill me." Redd growled back.
"That was you that dug out that nest of vamps back in Swan Valley, wasn't it?"
"That was nice work." Sam told him, begrudgingly.
"Eight of 'em in one go, roped and tied." Redd bragged.
"And then you brought them to Crowley right?" Bobby guessed.
"Read the papers, redneck. The king is dead." Bobby tossed a vial of holy water at him, causing him to cry out in pain.
"Crowley's alive, you prove it just by being, you poor dumb jackass. Crowley's alive. His nets are still out. Except now he's using you schmucks to hunt his monsters."
"Up yours." Bobby held out his hand and Sam passed him the demon knife before heading into the kitchen where Dean and Lacey were waiting.
"Redd, where's Crowley?" Bobby asked, but got no reply. "No? Nothing? Okay then, hang onto this for a bit." Bobby told him before proceeding to stab him in the leg.
"So, what'd you tell him?" Sam asked Dean.
"Nothing, just relax."
"What's the hubbub?" Bobby asked as he entered the room, Redd still screaming in the background.
"I saw Cas. He popped in on me about two hours back."
"What'd you tell him?"

"Nothing, alright?" Dean told them defensively. Told him we were on some crap monster hunt. He doesn't know that we're getting close to Crowley. You know...he's our friend. And we are lying to him through our teeth."
"Dean.." Sam started.
"So he burned the wrong bones. So Crowley tricked him."
"He's an angel." Bobby reminded him.
"He is the Balki Bartokomous of Heaven! He can make a mistake!" Dean challenged them.
"Nobody's saying nothing yet." Bobby reminded him.
"You think that Cas is in with Crowley. Crowley?"
"Look I'm just saying, I don't know. Now look, I hate myself for even thinking it. But I don't know."
"Look Dean, he's our friend too. And I'd die for him, I would, but...look, I'm praying we're wrong here." Sam told him.
"But if we ain't.... If there's a snowball of a snowballs chance here... that means we're dealing with a Superman that's gone dark side. Which mean's we've got to be cautious, we got to be smart, and maybe stock up on some kryptonite."
"This makes you Lois Lane." Dean told Sam.
"Look, one problem at a time here." Bobby reminded them. "We've got to find Crowley now, before the damn fool cracks open Purgatory." He headed back into the living room to continue questioning Redd. "Where's Crowley?"
"Up yours." Redd replied again. Bobby pulled the knife out and Redd let out another scream. "I don't know where Crowley is!"
"Are you sure about that? Cause we can twist again all the way to next summer." Bobby told him, doing the same with the knife.
"Oh god! I never even met him! I don't deal with Crowley direct."
"Well, who do you deal with?"