The Queens Croquet Ground Part 2

A while later they were sat in Bobbys van waiting for Patrick. They saw him come out of a building and cross the road, a moment later he was hit by an oncoming car. The driver got out to check on him before running off to get help. As soon as he'd gone Patrick got up from the ground, climbed into the car and drove off.

"I got to say, I kind of like the guy." Dean laughed.

Once Patrick had driven off they got out of the van and headed into his apartment building. As soon as they entered Bobby sighed and pointed to a sign on the lift saying it was out of order.

"We'll I'm out."

Sam, Lacey and Dean began to climb up the stairs, Lacey and Sam with ease, Dean puffing and panting.

"Dean." Sam said pointing at a sign that showed that they had only reached the second floor. Lacey sighed, grabbed both of their arms and ported them up to the thirty seventh floor. Once they entered the apartment they began to search the place. Dean spotted the safe.

"Sam?" He called. Sam headed over. "Dime store model. Piece of cake." He began to turn the dial, squinting. Sam sighed.

"It's like Mission Pathetic. Watch out." Sam began working on the safe. A moment later the door popped open.

"I could have done that." Dean muttered. Sam frowned and began taking chips out of the safe.

"What are you doing?" Came a voice from behind them.

"Aren't you the chick from the bar?" Dean asked the woman.

"I'm a lot more than that." She clenched her fist and Dean doubled over. Patrick came up behind her and put a hand on her arm stopping her. Lacey stepped forward and stood in front of Sam and Dean glaring at them.

"You boys want chips?" Patrick asked "Take 'em, they're just chips Einsteins. It's showmanship. This may come as a shock, but the magic doesn't lie in a pile of crappy plywood or in any phoney abracadabra. It's in the nine hundred year old witch. You boys want years? Score 'em the old fashioned way. Texas hold 'em." Patrick pointed out, chewing on a toothpick.

"Fine lets do it." Dean told him. Patrick pulled a pack of cards out of his jacket and held one up.

"What card am I holding up?" Dean squinted at him. "That's what I thought. If your eyesight's that bad, what about your memory? I'm not a murderer. You on the other hand." He said turning his attention to Sam.

"No Sam." Dean protested.

"Dean." Sam quieted him.

"What Sam not much of a player? Okay well happy trails Dean. Enjoy the twilight of your life. Should have taken better care of that ticker though." He made for the door. The ground began to shake and cracks appeared along the walls. Patrick turned back around and finally seemed to notice Lacey. She stood there glaring at him, her skin seeming to glow and pulse with power.

"Well, you're something special aren't you?"

"Turn him back." Lacey growled.

"Sorry love, no can do, like I said if you want the years back you're gonna have to play for them." He opened the door. "You're free to go." Lacey stalked past him followed by Sam and Dean.

"Oh, but Sam..." He called after them. "Your brothers situation, that's punishment enough, but I can't let you leave without a small parting gift." At this he clapped his hands three times.

"What are you doing?" Sam asked confused.

"You'll find out soon enough."

"Lets get out of here Sam." Dean told him and Patrick closed the door behind them. Lacey teleported them back to the ground floor and they headed back out to Bobbys van. Sam was scratching away at the inside of his thigh.