Shaking Part 2

Dean was standing out in Bobby's salvage yard clearing his head when he saw Sam and Lacey approaching.

"Let me guess. We're about to have a talk." He sighed.

"Look, Dean...um, for the record, I agree with you. About me. You think I'm too weak to take on Lucifer. Well, so do I. Believe me, I know exactly how screwed up I am. You, Lacey, Bobby, Cas...I'm the least of any of you."

"Oh, Sam..." Dean started but Sam interrupted him.

"No, it's true. It is. But...I'm also all we got. If there was any other way...But I don't think there is. There's just me. So I don't know what else to do. Except just try to do what's got to be done." Dean stared at him, a pained expression on his face.

"I have an idea." Lacey said quietly. Dean turned his gaze on her.

"If we were to go ahead with Sam's idea... If." She repeated at the look on Dean's face. "Maybe I could help."

"How?" Sam asked her.

"If Lucifer took over Sam's body, I could help him take control back. Remember when Zachariah sent us to the future? I managed to get into Lucifer's mind then, I could do the same and help Sam take back control." She looked at the two of them, gauging their reactions.

"It's the best we got." Sam shrugged at Dean who still didn't look happy about it.

"And..Scene." They turned to see Crowley standing beside them. "There's something you need to see." He handed a newspaper to Sam. Sam glanced at the headline and began to read aloud.

"Niveus Pharmaceuticals is rushing delivery of it's new swine flu vaccine to "Stem the tide of the unprecedented outbreak." Uh, shipments leave Wednesday."

"Niveus Pharmaceuticals. Get it?" They stared at him blankly. "You two are lucky you have you looks. Your demon lover Brady? V.P of distribution, Niveus. Ah, yes, that the sound of the abacus clacking? We all caught up?"

"So, Pestilence..." Dean began.

"Was spreading swine flu." Sam finished.

"Yeah but not just for giggles. That was step one. Step two is the vaccine. And you think.."

"I know. I'll stake my reputation...That vaccine is chock full of grade a, farm fresh croatoan virus."

"Simultaneous countrywide distribution. It's quite a plan."

"They don't get to be horsemen for nothing. So you boys better stock up on...well, everything. This time next Thursday, we'll all be living in zombieland."

At the other side of the house Bobby and Cas were loading equipment into the van.

"What's your problem?" Bobby asked Cas who was staring off into space.

"This is what they mean by the 11th hour right?"

"Pretty much."

"Well, it's the 11th hour and I'm useless. All I have is this." Cas held up a shotgun. "What am I even supposed to do with it?"
"Point it and shoot." Bobby advised him.

"What I used to be..." Cas lamented.

"Are you really gonna bitch to me? Quit pining for the varsity years and load the damn truck." Sam, Dean, Lacey and Crowley rounded the corner of the van.

"All right, well, good luck stopping the zombie apocalypse."

"Yeah. Good luck killing death."

"Yeah."

"Remember when we used to just hunt wendigos? How simple things were?" Sam asked.

"Not really." Dean shook his head.