Looking Glass Insects Part 2

The following day they had got a call from the morgue about another weird death. Sam had gone to investigate and run into a demon carrying a briefcase away from the morgue. He had managed to steal the briefcase and it was now sitting on the table in their motel room.
"What the hell does a demon got to do with this anyway?" Dean asked as they stood around the table.
"Believe me, I got no idea."
"You okay?"
"Yeah. Yeah, I'll be alright."
"Lets crack her open. What's the worst that could happen right?"
"Yeah, what harm could come from reading a book?" Lacey quipped. Dean grinned at her.
"Okay library chick." They opened the briefcase and there was a blinding flash of light.
"What the hell was that?"
"Imhotep?" Lacey whispered, half joking.
"It's a human soul." They whipped around to see Cas standing there eating a hamburger, a bag containing more food in his other hand. "It's starting to make sense."
"Now, what about that makes sense?" Sam asked.
"And when did you start eating?"
"Exactly! My hunger, it's a clue actually."
"For what?" They asked at the same time. Lacey smiled.
"This town isn't suffering from a love gone wrong effect. It's suffering from hunger. Starvation, to be exact, specifically...famine."
"Famine? As in...the horseman?"
"Great. That, that's freaking great."
"I thought famine meant starvation, like as in...you know food."
"Yes, absolutely. But not just food. I mean, everyone seems to be starving for something. Sex, attention, drugs, love."
"Well that explains the puppy lovers that cupid shot up."
"Right. The cherub made them crave love, and then famine came, and made them rabid for it."
"Okay but what about you? I mean since when do angels secretly hunger for white castle?"
"It's my vessel...Jimmy. His uh, appetite for red meat has been touched by Famine's effect."
"So Famine just rolls into town and everybody goes crazy?"
"And then will come Famine riding on a black steed. He will write into the land of plenty and great will be the horseman's hunger, for he is hunger. His hunger will seep out and poison the air... Famine is hungry. He must devour the souls of his victims."
"So, that's what was in the briefcase... the twinkie dude's soul?"
"Lucifer has sent his demons to care for Famine. To feed him, make certain he'll be ready."
"Ready for what?"
"To march across the land."

Sam had gone into the bathroom to splash water onto his face.
"Famine?" Dean asked again.
"Yes." Cas replied through a mouthful of food.
"So, what? This whole town is just gonna uh, eat, drink and screw itself to death?"
"We should stop it."
"Yeah, that's a great idea. How?" Dean asked sarcastically.
"How did you stop the last horseman you met?"
"War got his mojo from this ring. And after we cut it off, he just tucked tail and ran. And everybody that was affected, it was like they woke up out of a dream. You think Famine's got a class ring too?"
"I know he does."
"Well okay, lets track him down and get to chopping."
"Yeah!"
"What are you the hamburgler?"
"I've developed a taste for ground beef."
"Well have you even tried to stop it?"
"I'm an angel. I can stop any time I want, whatever."
"Sam, let's roll." Dean called to him.
"Dean...I, umm...I can't... I can't go."
"What do you mean?"
"I think it got to me Dean. I think I'm hungry for it."
"Hungry for what?"
"You know."
"Demon blood? You got to be kidding me." He turned to Cas. "You got to get him out of here. You got to beam him to, like, Montana, anywhere but here."
"It won't work, he's already infected. The hunger is just gonna travel with him."
"Well then, what do we do?"
"You go cut that bastards finger off."
"You heard him." Dean nodded to Cas.
"But Dean... before you go, you better... you better lock me down. But...good."

Dean tied Sam up to the pipe under the sink in the bathroom.
"All right, well, just hang in there, we'll be back as soon as we can."
"Be careful. And ...hurry." Lacey Sat down on the edge of the bath opposite him as Dean walked out of the room.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm gonna stay here with you, make sure you're okay." She told him. A moment later Dean closed the door and there was a scraping sound as Cas pushed the wardrobe in front of it.