A Mad Tea Party Part 1

Sam, Dean and Lacey walked down the hall of the hospital until they reached the morgue.

"Maybe you should have changed." Sam said glancing at Lacey. Lacey looked down at what she was wearing. She had on a yellow vest top, denim cut off shorts and grey moccasins showing off her long legs. Dean looked her up and down too.

"I don't see anything wrong with what she's wearing." He shrugged.

"You wouldn't Dean."Sam rolled his eyes. The doctor walked out of one of the offices and joined them.

"Agents Page and Plant, FBI." Dean told him as they flashed their badges.

"Gentlemen." The doctor nodded. "What brings you here?"

"We need to see Amber Greens body." Sam told him.

"Really? What for?" The doctor asked surprised.

"The police report said something clawed through her skull?"

"You didn't read the autopsy report I emailed out this morning?"

"We had, uh server issues." The doctor nodded and led them into one of the freezers and pulled out the slab with Ambers body on it.

"When they brought her in we thought she was attacked by a wolf or something."

"Or something." Dean concurred looking down at the body.

"But we were wrong." The doctor picked up a plastic bag and showed it to them.

"Is that a..." Sam started looking shocked.

"It's a press on nail. We found it in her temporal lobe."

"Oh that is so gross." Lacey exclaimed putting a hand to her mouth. The doctor looked at her disapprovingly.

"She's new." dean exclaimed.

"Is that even possible?" Sam asked, steering the conversation back.

"Wait are you saying she did this to herself?"

"Uhuh, she scratched her brains out. It'd take hours and it'd hurt like hell, but sure it's possible."

"How?" Dean asked.

"Pick your acronym, OCD, PCP. It all spells crazy. My guess some kind of phantom itch. I mean an extreme case but."

"Phantom itch?" Sam asked.

"Yep, all it takes is someone talking about an itch or thinking about one even and suddenly you can't stop scratching."

"Thanks doc." The three of them walked away scratching.

They headed over to the house where the girl had been babysitting when she was found. Sam was in the living room interviewing the parents. Dean and Lacey were staying back letting him get on with it. Dean spotted the kid sitting at the bottom of the stairs and motioned to Lacey to follow him.

"Whatcha lookin' for?" The kid asked as they approached.

"Don't know yet. It's jimmy right?" The kid nodded.

"So Amber was your babysitter?"

"Yes sir."

"Yeah most of my babysitters sucked. Especially Mrs Chaney. She only cared about two things, Dynasty and bed time. Did you uh, see anything strange that night?"

"No sir." The kid answered woodenly.

"You sure about that?" Dean asked, suspicious.

"I would tell you if I knew something. I promise, one hundred percent. Cross my heart." The kid sounded scared.