Family Business Part 2

Soundtrack:
American Authors – Best day of my life
Raphael Lake – Don't die today
The 88 – At least it was here

As they drove to the next address Lacey began to search for something in her bag. She pulled out a ziplock bag and offered it to Dean.
"Cheeseball?" Dean raised an eyebrow before taking one from the bag and eating it.
"Where did those come from?"
"My Aunt Rose made them and insisted I take some for my trip." Lacey smiled. "Just be glad it's not a Sparhuven Krispie."
"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about that." Dean said, keeping his eyes on the road.
"About Sparhuven Krispies?" Lacey frowned.
"No." Dean chuckled. "About you staying with your Aunts. Would you consider coming back and staying with us? No pressure, I mean, you can have the bed, I'll sleep on the floor or whatever, it would just be nice to have you around."
"Uh, yeah I think that would be ok. You don't have to sleep on the floor though." Lacey said, giving him a small smile. Dean grinned back and reached out and squeezed her hand. He pulled up outside the house.
"Why don't you wait here and I'll shout if I need you."
"Sounds like a plan." Lacey laughed.

A short while later Dean reappeared, holding the magazine with gloved hands. He dumped it in the trunk too before getting back into the drivers seat.
"Let's just say it's a good job you stayed in the car." He told her as he dialled Sam's number, putting him on speaker.

"Hey. Got the porn. Just in time, too."
"What was he doing?"

"Uh, like you said, you don't want to know. Where you at?"

"I just got the gramophone. I'm across town. I'll head your way." Sam said before hanging up.

"So my mom wasn't just some whack job. All this stuff is real?" Scott asked as Dean put the boxes back into the safe.

"Yep." Dean closed the door and straightened up.

"Well, now I really feel like crap."

"How come?"

"I kept pushing her to sell the store. She kept saying no, and I kept pushing her, you know, telling her how much money she'd make."

"You think you changed her mind?" Dean asked.

"I don't know. You know, this real-estate lady kept coming around, and then one day, just like that, mom says okay. Then she had that accident, never even got to enjoy the money."

"How soon after?" Dean probed.

"The next day."

"The n— How did she die?" Dean stared at him.

"Car crash. You know, I keep thinking, if I hadn't pushed her, then..."

"Hey, a little tip. Uh, feeling guilty ain't gonna bring 'em back. Best you can do is live your life the way that you think would make her proud. Or at least not embarrass the crap out of her. Oh, uh... you know the drill, right? Don't touch anything in those boxes. In fact, don't even go near the safe. Once we get it all boxed up, we'll get a U-Haul and get everything out of here."
"Believe me, I got it." Scott reassured him.

Lacey and Dean headed to a café across the street from the Antiques shop. As Lacey was in the queue, Dean called to check on Sam.

"Hey, what's up? I'm on my way." Sam answered

"Yeah, not sure we're taking the safe out of town just yet. So, it turns out that mama hoarder didn't just die and leave the store to Scott."

"She didn't?" Sam sounded confused.

"No, listen to this. The lady spends 40 years trying to keep that place, right? Then one day she wakes up and sells. Next day, drives her car off a cliff."