Tweedledum and Tweedledee Part 1

It had been a few weeks since they had, had to lock Sam in Bobby's panic room. Once Sam had detoxed from the demon blood they had headed out to take care of a spirit two states over. Once they had taken care of it they had caught wind of a case back in Bobby's home town of Sioux Falls. They had tried to contact Bobby but had got no reply so were heading over to his in the morning to make sure everything was okay. They were about an hour out from Bobby's, staying at the Grace Lake Motel just off the interstate. It was a balmy night for February and Lacey was sleeping just in one of Dean's t-shirts, her legs tangled in the sheets.
"Lace." Dean breathed, leaning over her and gently shaking her awake.
"Huhnnh?" Lacey groaned rolling over to face him. Dean smiled as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "What's going on? Why are you up?" Lacey asked noticing that Dean was fully clothed beside her.
"Come on, I got something to show you." Dean told her. She untangled herself from the sheets and followed Dean across the room, Dean picked up his keys from the table and the two of them walked out the door.
"What about Sam?" Lacey asked, as Dean shut the door.
"I left him a note. But he probably won't even notice we're gone." Dean told her as he unlocked the Impala and they got in.
"Where are we going?" Lacey asked as Dean started the engine.
"You'll see." Dean said mysteriously as he backed out of the lot. They drove for about fifteen minutes and then Dean turned off onto a dirt road. The Impala bumped along for a few minutes but soon the gravel under the tyres turned to grass. Dean pulled the car up underneath a tree, next to an over hang. They climbed out of the car and Dean motioned to Lacey to sit on the hood next to him. She climbed up and they lay back looking at the view. The stars twinkled above them and a light breeze stirred the leaves on the trees. Below the drop they could see down into the valley and all the lights of the town laid out below them.
"This place is amazing." Lacey sighed. "How did you know about it?"
"When Sam and I were younger our dad used to drop us off at Bobby's when he went out on a hunt. Sometimes I just liked to get away and I'd take one of Bobby's cars for a spin, and one day I just stumbled across this place." Dean explained.
"I bet you brought a lot of girls up here."
"Actually, you're the first." Dean admitted. Lacey smiled at him and he leant in locking lips with her. As he deepened the kiss he rolled over so that Lacey was on top of him, straddling his hips. He ran his hands up under her shirt, caressing her sides, until he felt her stiffen under his touch. She pulled away from the kiss, her gaze firmly planted down, looking embarrassed.
"I'm sorry..." She stuttered. "I'm sorry...I can't ....I can't be what you want." She replied mournfully.
"No, no, no baby." Dean said lifting her chin so she was looking at him. "You don't need to apologise, I won't rush you." He gently stroked her hair. "We have all the time in the world." Lacey gave him a small smile and lay back down beside him, snuggling into his side. They stayed like that a while longer, staring up into the stars.
"Come on, we better get back." Dean said as he helped her down from the hood. Lacey began to doze leaning against Dean as they drove back to the motel. When they arrived Dean parked the car before picking Lacey up and carrying her back into the room and laying her down on the bed. He took off his jacket and boots and climbed in beside her. As he began to drift off to sleep he felt the bed shift and a moment later Lacey was curled up at his side, her head resting on his chest.
"Thank you." She breathed quietly as she fell asleep in his arms.

The next morning they drove into Sioux Falls and parked outside the diner. They were there to question a guy who had witnessed, someone who was supposed to be dead, leaving the house of a man who was later found to be dead. Sam was trying to call Bobby but getting nowhere.
"Bobby, listen when you get this message, call okay?"
"Is he still not home? How far could he get in that chair?"
"So what do we do?"
"Well, guess we just do it ourselves." Dean replied, indicating that a guy sitting in one of the booths was who they were looking for. They headed over and sat down in the booth, Lacey squeezed in between the two of them.
"Thank you." Sam said as the waitress brought their orders.
"Mr Wells, why don't you tell us what you saw, in your own words."
"Call me Digger."
"Digger?" Dean asked, looking amused. "Who gave you that name?"
"I did."
"You gave yourself your own nickname? You can't do that." Dean told him seriously.
"Who died and made you queen?"
"Okay umm... why don't you just tell us what you saw?" Sam asked.
"I saw Clay Thompson climb into Benny Sutton's trailer, through the window. Couple minutes later, Clay walked out and Benny's dead."
"And uh..." Dean produced a photograph. "Is this the guy you saw?"
"Well, he was all covered in mud, but yeah. That's Clay."
"And you are aware that Clay Thompson died five years ago?"
"Yep."
"And you're positive that it was this guy?"
"You calling me a liar?"
"No, no, no, of course not. Look, can you think of any reason why Clay Thompson, alive or dead would want to kill Benny Sutton?" Digger laughed.
"Hell yeah. Well five years ago Benny's the one who killed Clay in the first place."
"Is that a fact?"
"Well yeah, so called hunting accident. Now if you ask me...Clay came back from the grave to get a little payback."
"Go on."
"Heads up. Fargo." Digger nodded towards the front of the diner where the Sheriff had just entered and was talking on her phone. She noticed them and headed over.
"Digger?"
"Sheriff." She turned to them.
"I'm Sheriff Jody Mills, I don't believe we've had the pleasure."
"Agents Dorffman and Neidermeyer. FBI." They flashed their badges.
"Welcome to Sioux Falls gentlemen. Can I ask you what you're doing with Digger here?"
"Oh, they're doing their job. They believe me Sheriff."
"The FBI believe a dead man committed a murder?"
"Look, we're just asking a few questions Sheriff. That's all." Sam placated her.
"Of course if a dead man didn't commit a murder, then uh, who did?"
"What'd you say your jurisdiction was again?"
"Our jurisdiction is where the United States Government sends us."
"Oh yeah, how about me and your Supervisor have a little chat about that?"
"Absolutely." Sam said, handing her a card. She took it from him and dialled the number.
"Agent Willis, this is Sheriff Jody Mills and...Bobby?" Sam and Dean looked at each other, surprised.
"Is this Bobby Singer? Bull crap." She hung up. "FBI huh?"
"So uh, so you know Bobby Singer?" Sam asked.
"That is...a fun coincidence." Dean laughed awkwardly.
"Here's what I know about Bobby Singer. He's a menace around here, ass full of drunk and disorderlies, and mail fraud, you understand me?"
"I think that we all can agree that you've made yourself perfectly clear, yes."
"So, whatever the four of you are planning, it ends here, now. Ten four on that agents?"
"Yeah."