Only You

Soundtrack:
Linkin Park – In the end
Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons – December 1963
Green Day – Wake me up when September ends

"Hurry up!" Tabby called, practically dragging her down the hallway.
"Ok, ok, geez! Lacey laughed as they rushed down the stairs to the living room. "What's the hurry?"
"They've actually picked a good movie tonight." Tabby responded.
"Oh? What are we watching?"
"Sixteen Candles."
"Cool." Lacey shrugged, having already seen the movie several times. They took their seats on one of the couches, squeezing between Ray and Jubilee. As the movie began, Lacey leant back in her seat and closed her eyes. It had been a long day, waiting tables at The Grill. When she opened her eyes she was standing in front of a large creepy looking house. There was a damp chill in the air and mist snaked around the building. Lacey let out a sigh. It was becoming an almost involuntary reaction, astral projecting. Sometimes her mind just brought her here automatically. Lacey turned at the sound of a familiar engine as the boys pulled up in the impala. The boys got out of the car, Dean swung a duffle bag over his shoulder before shutting the door behind him.
"Dude, this is sweet. I never get to work jobs like this." Dean grinned up at the building.
"Like what?"
"Old school haunted houses, you know? Fog and secret passageways, sissy British accents. Might even run into Fred and Daphne while we're inside." Dean closed his eyes for a second. "Mmm, Daphne. Love her." Lacey let out a giggle at his blissed out expression. Dean looked up at the steps finally noticing her. "Hey, even better, Lacey's here." He walked over to her as Sam began to examine one of the urns on the porch.
"How you doing, sweetheart?" Lacey's heart skipped a beat at the familiar nickname.
"Good. You seem to be in a better mood." She noted, smiling at him.
"Well yeah, we took care of Gordon, he's gonna be rotting in prison for a while, we've got a case at a real haunted house to solve and just to top it all off, I get a beautiful girl to look at. Doesn't sound too shabby to me." Lacey blushed a little at her description. This version of Dean was a lot like the one she'd first met, maybe even more carefree.
"I'm not so sure haunted's the problem." Sam said, motioning Dean over.
"What do you mean?" Dean asked, frowning.
"You see this pattern here?" He pointed at a symbol on the urn. "That's a quincunx, that's a five spot."
"Five spot."
"Yeah."
"That's used for hoodoo spell work, isn't it?"
"Right, yeah. You fill this thing with bloodweed and you've got a powerful charm to ward off enemies."
"Yeah, except I don't see any bloodweed. Don't you think this place is a little too whitemeat for hoodoo?"

"Maybe." Sam shrugged. They continued up the stairs and opened the front door. Lacey followed them inside, marvelling at the wooden panels, the spooky feeling definitely continued inside.
"May I help you?" A woman with red hair appeared behind the counter.
"Hi, yeah, I'd like a room for a couple of nights." There was giggling as a little girl ran past, almost knocking into Sam.
"Hey! Sorry about that." The woman apologised, shaking her head.
"No problem."
"Well, congratulations, you could be some of our final guests." The woman said as she started checking them in.
"Well. Sounds vaguely ominous." Dean said, getting his wallet out.
"No, I'm sorry, I mean we're closing at the end of the month. Well, let me guess. You guys are here antiquing?" She asked, giving them the once over. Dean shrugged at Sam before answering.
"How'd you know?"
"Oh, you just look the type." The woman smiled at them. "So, king-sized bed?" Lacey snorted and tried to hold back a laugh but failed miserably.
"What? No, no, we're.... two singles. We're just brothers." Sam hastily corrected her.
"Oh. Oh, I'm so sorry."
"What'd you mean that we look the type?" Dean asked, looking mildly uncomfortable. The woman looked around awkwardly, searching for a response.
"You know, speaking of antiques, you have a really, really interesting urn on the front porch. Where did you get that?"
"Oh, I have no idea, it's been there forever." She handed Dean a key. "Here you go, Mr Mahagov."
"Thanks." She hit the bell on the desk
"You'll be staying in room 237. Sherwin, could you show these gentlemen to their rooms?" An older guy in a suit appeared.
"Let me guess. Antiquers?" He asked, smiling at them. Lacey giggled again.
"Don't you start." Dean muttered under his breath to her before handing his duffle bag to Sherwin. They followed him up the stairs.
"I could give you a hand with that bag." Dean suggested, as Sherwin dragged it along behind him.
"I got it."
"Okay."
"So the hotel's closing up, huh?" Sam asked.
"Yep. Miss Susan tried to make a go of it, but the guests just don't come like they used to. Still, it's a damn shame."
"Oh, yeah?"
"It may not look it anymore, but this place was a palace. Two different vice-presidents laid their heads on our pillows. My parents worked here, I practically grew up here. Gonna miss it. Here's your room." He unlocked the door before handing the key to Sam. The three of them walked into the room. Dean was about to shut the door when he realised Sherwin was holding his hand out. "You're not gonna cheap out on me, are you boy?" Dean begrudgingly fished out his wallet and gave him a tip.