The Lion and The Unicorn Part 1

Dean stood in the motel room, packing his stuff into a box. As he taped it up he heard a noise and glanced up. Sam was standing in the doorway.

"Sending someone a candygram?" He asked.

"How'd you find me?" Dean asked, surprised.
"You're going to kill yourself right? It's not too hard to figure out the stops on the Farewell Tour. I'm guessing you've already seen Lisa." A slight hint of disapproval was evident in Sam's voice at this. Dean shrugged. "Plus did you really think you could hide from Lacey? She's a telepath man, she can find you anywhere."

"So where is she?" Dean asked.

"She's at Bobby's. She didn't want to come here, can't imagine why. Something about not wanting to influence your decision. Do you have any idea what your doing to her? What you're putting her through?" Dean looked at the floor, guiltily.

"I'm not killing myself." Was all he managed to say.

"No? So Michael's not about to make you his muppet? What the hell man? This is how it ends? You just... walk out?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"How could you do that?"

"How could I?" Dean snapped. "All you've ever done is run away."

"And I was wrong. Every single time I did." Dean shook his head. "Just please, not now. Bobby is working on something."

"Oh really, what?" Sam didn't answer. "You got nothing and you know it."

"You know I have to stop you."

"Yeah well you can try. Just remember, you're not all hopped up on demon blood this time."

"Yeah, I know. But I brought help." Sam said looking over Deans shoulder. Dean spun round to find Cas standing behind him. He reached out and touched Dean's forehead. Dean collapsed forward unconscious.

Lacey stood in Bobby's kitchen, trying to collect her thoughts. She sipped hot chocolate from the paper cup in her hands, from the gas station a few miles away. Cas and Sam had returned with an unconscious Dean a short while ago, at which point she had banished herself to the kitchen, not trusting herself to be around him. She stared out of the window into the scrap yard. If Dean wanted to do this who was she to stop him? You're his girlfriend, a voice in the back of her head chimed in. Ok so you do have a right to care about him, she told herself, but you've only been his girlfriend a couple of months, I'm not sure if he'd see it that way. Her reverie was interrupted by Sam putting his hand on her shoulder. She jumped slightly.

"Sorry, thought you'd have heard me come in. He's awake now if you want to come and see him." Lacey bit her lip.

"Do I have to?" She asked, knowing she sounded childish. Sam smiled at her.

"No, but we'd appreciate it. I think you're the one who's most likely to convince him." Lacey nodded silently and followed him out into Bobby's study. She could hear them talking as she entered.

"Yeah no this is good, really. You know, eight months of turned pages and screwed pooches but tonight, tonight's when the magic happens." Dean addressed Bobby, sarcastically.

"You ain't helping." Bobby told him gruffly.

"Yeah well why don't you let me get out of your hair then?" Dean asked getting to his feet. He spotted Lacey standing in the door to the kitchen, and for a moment the macho act slipped and he looked at her helplessly. She had dark circles under her eyes which were staring back at him so sadly it made his heart break. He was snapped back to reality by Bobby asking;

"What the hell happened to you?"

"Reality happened. Nuclear's the only option we have left. Michael can ice the devil, save a boatload of people."