Waking Part 1

It had been 24 hours since the storm in Chicago had been averted and they had returned to Bobby's to re-group. Dean came out of the house and found Sam and Lacey sitting on the hood of the Impala. Sam was drinking a beer from the cooler at his feet and Lacey was laid back trying to sun herself.

"Hey." Sam nodded at him as he approached. Dean took a beer from the cooler and sat down between them. "Dean? What's going on?" Sam asked. Lacey sat up so she was leaning on her elbows.

"I'm in."

"In with..?"

"The whole up with Satan thing. I'm on board." Sam looked at him, surprised.

"You're gonna let me say yes?"

"No. That's the thing. It's not on me to let you do anything. "You're a grown, well, overgrown man. If this is what you want, I'll back your play." Lacey smiled at his comment.

"That's the last thing I thought you'd ever say."

"Might be. I'm not gonna lie to you though. It goes against every fibre I got. I mean, truth is...watching out for you, it's kinda been my job, you know? But more than that, it's ...it's kinda who I am. You're not a kid anymore Sam, and I can't keep treating you like one. Maybe I got to grow up a little too. I don't know if we got a snowballs chance. But... But i do know if anyone can do it, it's you."

"Thank you."

"If this is what you want... Is this really what you want?"

"I let him out. I got to put him back in."

"Okay. That's it then."

Sam, Dean and Cas had collected enough demon blood for Sam to be able to let the devil in. They were loading bottles of it into the car while Lacey and Bobby waited. When they had finished loading it up Dean came over to them.

"I still can't get used to you at eye level." He told Bobby with a small smile.

"So, was I right?"

"As always, Yoda. Two stunt demons inside just like you said."

"Did you get it."

"Yeah. All the go juice Sammy can drink."

"You okay?" Bobby asked him.

"Not really. What you got?"

"Not much. These look like omens to you?" He handed a newspaper to Dean. "Cyclone in Florida, temperature drop in Detroit, wild fires in LA."

"Wait. What about Detroit?" Dean asked.

"Temps dropped 20 degrees but only in a five block radius of downtown Motown."

"That's the one. Devils in Detroit."

"Really? As far as foreboding goes it's a little light on the loafers. You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm sure." Dean said as he shared a look with Lacey.

An hour later they were on the road, headed for Detroit. Dean glanced in the rear view mirror and a smile played across his features. Cas and Lacey were in the back seat, both fast asleep. Cas was snoring away and Lacey's head was resting on his shoulder.

"Awww. Aren't they a couple of angels." He joked to Sam. Sam glanced behind before replying.

"Angels don't sleep." Dean's smile faded.

"Sam, I got a bad feeling about this."

"Well, you'd be nuts to have a good feeling about it."

"You know what I mean. Detroit. He always said he'd jump your bones in Detroit. Here we are."