Nayeon - They Don't Like Me For You

Male Reader

3rd Person's POV

The Im Family, they are envisioned as a powerful family. Prominent and inevitable, when you heard that surname make sure to not cross any of each member of the family or you'll be doomed. To say they're influential is an understatement cause they are the ones who are powerful. They possess ten to up branches of shipping company and is well known in the business industry and even topping it. That is how big their name is, the Im's are well fortuned. The family consist of the man of the family, Mr. Im. With his wife and two daughters. His oldest is named Nayeon and the youngest is Seo-Yoon.

Nayeon is currently in her senior year in college and she'd been doing her best to get a high grades and enroll in a prestigious school just like what his father wants. She wants them to be proud of them so that's why she always want to be the best. In her first following years in college she doesn't have any problem as she was always in the top list of excellent awardees of students, but that changes when Y/n came to their school. Nobody expected that the simple looking student can top like that in an instant. He even is playful in class and seems like he doesn't take it much seriously but when the results came in. He shocked the whole University. He became the talk and was often admired since he's so laid back but still doing good in class. Nayeon was not happy about this, she didn't want to be the second. She was born to be a competitive individual and as the time she grew up. She manifest all the competitiveness that her father imprinted on her mind. She started to hate Y/n's presence, it's wrong to feel and anger towards a person who didn't do something about you but she can't help it. He stole the spot that is supposed to be hers. She wanted to take it back, so she did everything to earn it.

Much to her dismay she'd been failing in her agenda. She can't counter the intelligence of the man. This makes her more angered at the clueless man. And to think that he is just casually studying while the girl is sometimes skipping meals just to have the top spot annoys her. "What does he have that I don't have?" That is what she's always asking to herself. The man gathered alot of praises and recognition from his classmates and teachers and the girl couldn't even be happy for him. It's a bad envy she knows, but she just want to be in her best, and make her parents be proud of her, especially her father.

The girl couldn't quite comprehend why she's so pissed everytime she saw him and vice versa. Y/n always saw the sharp glares of the girl.for her and couldn't even figure out why is she glaring at him as if he'd done something bad at her. He was beyond puzzled at the girl's action but just shrugged it. But also, he can't deny how much of a pretty girl she is. Despite the sharp eyes she's giving, Nayeon is really a beauty. She has very cute nose and bunny teeth that adds up in her cuteness. Y/n even caught himself staring at her whenever she's focus on reading and studying. He may have a tiny crush on the girl but he thinks he can't even talk to her cause the girl seemed to despise his existence.

Faith leads both of their path as they were once assigned to be the partner for a project. Y/n of course is the one who approached the girl since he feels that the girl won't even manage to inform him and rather work on her own. At first he was ignored for a couple of times and he didn't let it pass at the third time. The girl receive some scolding at him. He didn't shout, he just ask why did the girl hate him. She couldn't even look at the man and just hang her head low. So as much as she hates to work with him, they started to make the project. It's quite alot of work since it like a research paper so everytime their class ends, they meet up in the library and proceed to work there.

At first, they are so awkward with each other. Or more like Nayeon is so awkward around Y/n. But the man is starting to make little conversation to lessen the awkwardness. He doesn't want to have this weird clash with Nayeon that he didn't know how it started. So he make the most effort to make her comfortable and be more nice towards him. He tried to make awful jokes just to see a smile on her lips or even tell stories about life. Nayeon couldn't deny it, the man is good company to have. He's not that show and was very humble. He is indeed intelligent and she felt guilty in hating him for some childish reason. Slowly, they become close with each other and that's when Y/n asked why she hates him at first.