Altaïr X reader MODERN AU

"What did you get you self into now?"

Altaïr asks me, clearly tired. I look back at the time and it says 3:52 AM.

"I got arrested."

I say sheepishly into the phone, afraid of how my boyfriend will react. He sighs a long, defeated, tired sigh.

"What did you do, and how much is bail?"

He asks me and I chuckle slightly.

"Altaïr, do you want the whole story now, or after you get here?"

I ask him and I can tell he's getting up.

"Now preferably."

He says and I sigh, readying myself to give him the stroy.

flashback

I walked into the store minding my own business. When all of a sudden a man came up to me and pushed me into the wall. I groaned in pain as I felt my head hit the wall.

The male came up to me and spoke in Chinese. He didn't apper to be Chinese. When he looked at me he started to kiss my neck. I screamed and pulled a knife out of my pocket. I cut his stomach and ran off.

He started to chase me around the mall. I ran faster and faster until I ran into a police officer. The man that tried to rape me ran up to me.

"That woman attacked me with a knife!"

The man yelled and before I knew anything else I was in handcuffs. I was being walked out to the cop car.

End of flashback

I tell Altaïr the story over the phone. I can feel his rage at that man.

"Altaïr, calm down. Bail is just 100 dollars. You know where I keep my money. Just come pick me up soon."

I say into the phone.

"Sure, love you, see you soon."

He says as he hangs up. I hand the cop his phone back. I wait for Altaïr to show up with the money, for him to take me home, and for him to.... to make it all ok.

After about a half hour of waiting Altaïr shows up and gives the cop the money. The cop unlocks the cuffs and I throw my arms around Altaïr. I hug him  and he hugs back.

We walk out into the parking lot only to find the man that almost raped me. He is standing there walking twards us. I hide behind Altaïr out of fear. Altaïr soon protects me when the male approaches.

"Back away boy! That's my wife!"

The male yelled at Altaïr.

"I think your mistaken. This is my girlfriend."

Altair remarked back. The male tried to grab my arm. Altaïr punched him in the face and kicked his stomach. The male fell over in pain. Altaïr lead me protectively to his truck. When we got in he kissed me.

"I'm so glad your okay."

He says into the kiss. I smile and cup his face.

"Thank you Altaïr, for everything."

I say and he pulls away and drives home.