MODERN: altair X reader

"im bored alty."

i say to my boyfriend, Altair. we have been inside all day because of the stupid rain.

"what do you wanna do?"

he asks me looking up from his phone.

"go outside and walk around. maybe jump in some puddles like a little kid."

i say and he rolls his eyes and laughs.

"no for two reasons. one, i hate water and two its a down pour."

he says as he looks at me with a smile. i sigh and look back down at my phone.

"how about we watch a movie then?"

i ask him as i look up from my phone.

"what movie?"

he asks turning his phone off. i smile at what im about to say next.

"frozen, finding nemo, or the new assassins creed movie."

i say and smile. he looks me straight in the eye, we have seen the assassins creed one, three different times. we are sick of frozen, we watched it a lot when we had to babysit my little cosine. and we have seen finding nemo and its just weird.

"how about none of them. how about we watch the hunger games, saw, or the conjuring."

he says with a smirk. he knows i hate horror movies and the hunger games is stupid.

"ah, no. how about the BFG, Lego movie, or the secret life of pets."

if you cant tell i love little kid movies. he sighs and shakes his head no.

"nope, how about Texas chainsaw masseur, Jason, or we watch one of my many favorites, the nightmare before Christmas. the true horror addition."

he says and i go wide eyed. he wouldn't dare play his version of the nightmare before Christmas. the first time i watched that, i had nightmares for three weeks straight. 

"Altair... you... wouldn't... dare!"

i yell at him and he smirks.

"oh baby, but i would."

he says as he runs out of the kitchen. he locks the door to the living room. i try to open the door but fail each time.

"ALTAIR IBN-LA'AHD! IF YOU DARE FORCE ME TO SIT THROUGH THAT MOVIE I WILL KILL YOU WITH MY OWN TWO HANDS. OR BETTER YET! YOU WONT GET LAID EVER AGAIN!!"

i yell through the door and smile to myself. i know im a savage.

"but you cant resist me, so i have nothing to worry about."

he says calmly through the door. i sigh in defeat and wait there. he opens the door and pulls me in as his version of a nightmare before Christmas plays on the TV. he had my hands bound behind my back so i couldn't cover my ears, but i could close my eyes.

i was lead to the couch and i opened my eyes to see Altair in front of me. he was down on one knee.

"(Y/N) (L/N) ive known you for over a year now and i cant imagine my life without you in it. before i met you i was a complete mess. the only friend i had hated me. i was all alone and the man i once called a friend turned out to be my greatest enemy. after i met you everything changed. my only friend became my friend again. you not only became my lover, but my best friend. i love you beyond what words can express. so, will you make me the happiest man alive and become my wife?"

he said and i felt tears come to my eyes.

"yes. yes of course!"

i yelled as he stood up. he slid the ring onto my left hand and i kissed him. when we pulled apart i saw the movie changed to the original nightmare before Christmas. i looked back at Altair and smiled. he did the same as we sat on the couch. he pulled me onto his lap and i rested my head on his chest and soon fell asleep.