MODERN Arno X reader

"Hello ms.(l/n) i wanted to inform you that your sister, Elise was killed when a building collapsed. i am terribly sorry."

The voice over the phone said.

That was 8 months ago.  She was supposed to come home today with my best friend, Arno from overseas. She and Arno were close, i cant imagine what he went through. But I also can't wait to see him.

"Please welcome home unit 78 of our country's air force!"

The man over the intercom said and everyone stood. I watched as man after woman came through.

When I saw arno he ran towards me. I ran towards him and we collided in the middle. He pulled me flush against him as he held me close. I know we Arnt dating but we're as close as brother and sister.

"I missed you arno."

I told him and he let me go.

"I missed you so, so much."

He said as tears brimmed his eyes. He blinked them away and I took his hand.

I lead him through the air port and out to my car. He got in the passanger seat when he finally broke down. His elbows were on his knees and his hands held his head.

"I m-miss her (y/n) so so much. If it wasnt for me g-getting stuck u - under a pole then I would have been able to h-help her. I'm s-sorry."

He sobbed and I reached over and hugged him. He hugged me back as he sobbed. His sobs soon turned into wimpers when I let go. I began our drive home.

"Your staying with me arno, okay?"

I ask him and he nods. Arno lost his father and now his best friend to those bad guys. I can't even begin to imagine all that he's feeling.

When we arrive home I bring all his bags inside and my dog runs up to us. Arno yells in fear and jumps behind me. He grips my shirt as if his life depended on it.

"Marco yeild!"

I shout at my German Shepherd. Marco sits down and looks at arno with a tilted head.

"Arno it's only marco. You know, that dog you got me 8 months ago for my birthday?"

I ask him and arno sighs. He let's go of my shirt and pets Marcos head. I smile as arno let's marco lick his hand.

"Good boy. Good boy."

Arno mumbles as he walks towards the living room. He takes a seat on the couch as I set his bags in the bed room.

When all his bags are in the spare bedroom I sit next to him on the couch.

"Hey. How you holding up?"

I ask him and he sighs.

"I don't know truthfully. It's Nice being back home but it also brings back lots of memories."

He tells me and I give him a sad smile.

"Arno if you ever want to talk, about anything at all, I'm here. I won't turn you away or say I'm to busy. Your like my brother arno."

I tell him and he smiles.

"Thank you (y/n) it means a lot."

He tells me as he pulls me into a hug. I smile as he squeezes me harder.

"Never let your gaurd down...."

Arno says and I look up at him.

"What do you-"

I ask as I felt a hard poke below my rib cage.

"JUMPER CABLES!"

He yells as I jump up.

"ARNO DORIAN!"

I shout as he bursts out in laughter.