MODERN: Desmond X reader

"Desmond, I don't think this is a good idea."

I say as my boyfriend, desmond tries to get me to walk with him to the store. Bare in mind, it's 10:30 PM in the middle of new york.

"Babe, what's making you not want to go?"

He says as we walks back up to me and places his hands gently on my sholders. I look up at him and place my hands on the sides on his neck. I look him square in the eye.

"Clowns."

I say with a stern voice and no emotion. He just starts laughing uncontrollably. I glare at him and he still keeps laughing. We still haven't left the apartment so I walk back and sit on the couch. I cross my arms over my chest and he walks over to me after he's done laughing.

"Are clowns the only reason?"

He asks as he sits by me. He as a concerned, yet gentle expression on his face. I nod and he wraps his arms around my sholders. He pulls me into a hug and I rest my head on his sholder. Yes, I know he is a deadly assassin but I'm still scared.

"I'll hold your hand the whole way, I'll let you borrow my black hoodie. I'll put on a jacket so I can hide my hidden blades, and if you get scared you can cling to me. Deal?"

He offers and I nod. We walk back to our room and he hands me his black hoodie. It is completely black with the silver assassin's creed symbol. I put it on and pull the hood up. Desmond straps his hidden blades to his wrists and he puts on a black leather jacket.

"You ready babe?"

He asks me and I nod. He takes my hand and we walk out of our apartment.

Wall we were walking down the street I held his hand tightly. I heard a trash can fall over and I jumped behind Desmond. Desmond's arm went out in a defensive way to protect himself and me.

"It's okay babe, only a trash can."

He wispers to me and I nod. We walk again but this time I hold his hand with one hand and his arm with the other. We are about halfway to the store when I look ahead a little ways. Under a street light stands a clown with a baseball bat. Desmond obviously didn't notice it, so I did the first thing I could think of.... scream.

"Desmond!"

I screamed as I pointed to the clown. It started moving closer and closer. Desmond saw the clown and pushed me behind him and he showed his hidden blade. The clown kept getting closer and closer. I started to cry from fear and well.... being straight up terrified.

"Back off! Or so help me I will run you through!"

Desmond yelled in the clowns direction. Desmond held one hand out that had his blade and his other was on my back pushing me into him.

"Good evening."

A strange voice said from behind me. I turned to face another clown. I screamed and fell to the ground. Desmond punched that clown in the face making him run away. Hopefully with a broken nose.

The clown with the bat changed his direction to come at me. He started to run twards me but Desmond got there first. Desmond gave him a uppercut and I kick in the knee cap. He them kneed him in the chin making him fall to the ground.

"Oh my gosh (Y/N) are you ok babe?"

He says as he kneels in front of my crying form. I sit aginst the wall of a building with my knees to my chest. Desmond puts two fingers under my chin and he lifts my eyes to meet his.

"Come now baby, let's go home."

He says as he grabs my hands and helps me stand. We walk back to our apartment with one of my arms around his waist and the other holding his arm over my sholders. His arm was over my sholder and his other was in a fist at his side.

When we got into the apartment we fell asleep. We were laying on our sides and Desmond had his arms wrapped around me very protectively. My arms were over his arms holding his hands.