You'd Miss Me If I Died

"What?" Gun asked looking down at me in confusion.

"Just stay here, okay? I won't run off or anything, I'll be back in a bit." I pat his chest, not even paying attention to him.

I made my way over and smirked as he cupped his hands around his mouth to keep the embers alive.

"Russ Miller, head of Death Essence. Didn't think I'd see you here." I leaned next to him.

"Huh? YN- Oh my God, ugh!" He rolled his eyes and facepalmed.

"Smoking kills, love." I took the rolled up paper and tossed it into the snow.

"Hey!" He gasped and glared at me. "I'm perfectly aware it kills. You should try it." He glared.

"Oh come on, you'd miss me if I died." I batted my eyelashes at him.

"I doubt it....what do you want?"

"What, I can't stop to say hi to an old friend?"

"Piss off."

"I just got here!" I poked his cheek and he smacked my hand away.

"Do you want to die?" He snarled and glared down at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Oh, most definitely." I nodded excitedly.

"Shut up. I did not keep you alive this long for you to up and die, you hear me?"

"Awww, you still care!" I gushed.

"No, life would just be boring with you gone. And I risked to much for you to leave now. Besides, I don't know how willing the next head of New Group would be to help out Death Essence..."

"You're helpless without me, darling." I handed him a piece of gum, taking one for myself.

"Absolutely not, using you just makes my life easier."

"Just admit it, you'd miss me because you still care about me as a person!"

He rolled his eyes and looked up at the sky.

"Hey! Hey bitch!"

(Um...are you talking to me?)

"Yes bitch! I have complaints for you!"

(....what? But I'm the author? You're breaking the fourth wall!)

"Shut the fuck up. How dare you create me?! This is a fanfiction, stop making up new characters!"

(But I only make new characters if you guys are important for the plot and-)

"I don't give a FUCK! This is going to annoy people and you're going to lose readers!"

(But you guys are important! Especially later!)

"No, fuck you. I didn't want to be created, especially not for this crap book!"

(....shut up and get back to work...I should get payed for putting up with this bullshit...)

"Bitch, you're supposed to be in class right now! And you're making me say this so shut up!"

"Okay, stop arguing with the author and stop breaking the fourth wall, 1, 2, 3, ACTION!" I snapped.

"We only care about each other because we're really the only organizations that work together. You do me a favor, I do you one. That's how it's been since The Academy." He chewed on the gum.

"You were such an asshat back then." I snorted.

"So were you! You wouldn't talk to me unless I brought you something first."

"I was helping you become a better spy!"

"How?!"

"You learned to steal better and be sneakier."

"Oh shut up. Or are you trying to fight?"

"That would be refreshing but I can't. I'm hanging out with a civilian who doesn't know we exist."

"Another boyfriend? Who is he? At least he's not Jake...that shit bag..."

"Jake's not bad, why doesn't anyone like him?! And Gun's not my boyfriend!"

"Gun? Gun Jong Park? Like, the one that works for Chairman Choi?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah, that's him."

"Why are you with him?"

"He's my brother's business partner. He lives in my house because I can't get him to stay out. He was like, 'Hey, wanna go to Japan'? I was like, 'Oh, I have school'. Then he was like, 'You don't wanna go anyways'. I was like, 'True, okay.' So here we are."

"You getting information from them?"

"Yup, a lot. He doesn't know what I'm doing though. Speaking of which, did you get any information on Plato?" I asked looking down at my nails.

The mood immediately got tense.

"Yeah, I did." He reached into his car's hidden compartment and pulled out a USB.

"Here. You know what to do."

I pulled the cuff of my sleeve and pulled a string back to reveal an opening. I slipped it in before pressing the piece of thread back down. The jacket had enough fluff that you wouldn't know it was there.

"Thanks."