Head Boo-Boo

My eyes fluttered open and I wheezed.

My head was killing me.

I could feel my body aching, but my head felt like it was split open.

What the hell happened?

The last thing I remember is jumping out of the car and finding it hard to breathe.

I felt cornered, and then Crystal broke my phone and brought up my mom but after that...what happened after that?

I tried to sit up but found that I couldn't.

I tugged at my arms and legs, but they were strapped down to the hospital bed.

"Calm down, you know the rules. You need to stay tied down for at least two weeks while being monitored."

"What the hell happened?" I groaned and looked at Jordan who was sitting on a chair, his right arm in a cast.

"How much do you remember?"

"The last thing I remember is getting really mad at Crystal for breaking my phone and bringing up my mom...it was hard to breathe and I felt cornered. I had already felt claustrophobic before I left for school. Seeing Crystal all day and then in the car didn't make it much better..."

"I didn't expect you to remember." Jordan shook his head.

"Then can you fill me in already?"

"You had a pretty bad mental break. You tried to kill Gun and Crystal. If Miller hadn't been out there trying to track you down, you would have succeeded."

My heart dropped into my stomach.

"What?!"

"You pulled your knife and taser hair tie out on them."

I stared at him, not knowing how to react.

"Don't freak out, love. We took care of it. They won't call the cops on you, but we're watching them and listening to every single conversation they're having to make sure they keep their word. Don't be too hard on yourself. You didn't know what you were doing and went into fight or flight mode. You've been getting triggered for the past few weeks. It's The Guardians' fault for not stepping in sooner. Our job is to make sure you're okay and we failed."

"Cut the bullshit, I need to have better self-control and know when to back away from a situation. You can't take the blame for my actions."

"I have to. It's my responsibility to make sure you don't lose it. It's both of our faults. The Guardians know you lose it, you've gotten more control over your breaks, but we know you still panic and blackout. We've increased security, you'll be monitored by The Guardians in shifts from a near distance. Until you are cleared, you have no authority and I'll be given the power of the head."

I sunk into the bed and closed my eyes.

It was protocol that if you have a mental break or something along those lines, the next person below you in the same department and rank gets your power until you're cleared by the medical team.

It didn't bother me to have my power taken away, it bothered me that I attacked Gun.

...and Crystal too...

Okay, I don't really care about that one.

"How badly are they hurt?" I asked.

"You punched Crystal a few times but you didn't knock her teeth out or anything. You punched Gun like, once. You tried to stab him but other than that, they're fine."

"....ugh."

"What's wrong?"

"Isn't it obvious? I tried to kill them in public. They know I can fight now."

"Like I said, Gun and Crystal said they'd stay quiet and we told Goo you fell out of the moving car and tumbled down a hill with construction equipment. Your injuries are of that level. Gun and Sofia backed it up."

"How did Goo take it?"

"Well, he did try to kill Gun, blaming him for you being hurt. We had to separate them. He couldn't be in the same room as him for about a week."

"A week? Was I out that long?"

"Yeah. At first, we didn't want to let them see you but we gave in because they're family. They want to take you home once you're okay. We're not sure what we're going to do yet. Because you were triggered around them, it may be dangerous."

I nodded slowly and closed my eyes, leaning my head back.

"Speaking of which, they're here. Do you want to see them?"