Goo's (Not So) Pleasant Memory

I woke up and stretched, the closet door I was leaning against shaking from the movement.

I got up and crept out of the room, sleep still in my eyes. I wanted to rest more but it was time to start the day.

I pulled a stool next to the counter and used it to climbed up. I opened the cupboard and pulled out some cookies, crackers, and peanut butter.

I hopped off, washed some strawberries that I stole yesterday and cut them into bite sized pieces along with a banana.

I put them on a plate before setting them on the table then rushed back to my room.

"Kitty?" I whispered, pulling the closet door open and crawling in.

I grabbed my flashlight, which I always had hidden behind a box, and turned it on.

I pointed it at the two year old in the plastic box. She smiled and reached for me.

"Goo Bear!" YN giggled and I smiled at her.

"Did you sleep well?"

She giggled as I pulled her out and carried her to the dining room.

I placed her on the table and sat in front of her.

She was to small for a chair and I didn't have a baby seat for her so we usually ate on the floor, or I would sit her on the tables.

"Here, eat." I handed her a slice of banana.

"Bad baby." She said and slowly munched away.

She glanced around, still on high alert and on the lookout for any threats.

Aka, that psychopathic woman.

"You're not a bad baby, Kitty, don't listen to them. I love you." I kissed her forehead and she giggled happily. "Strawberry or cracker?" I asked and held them out for her.

She stared for a second then slowly reached out. She took one in each of her hands and ate them slowly.

I had seen a lizard I wanted to catch while on a walk with YN so I set her down for a second.

It was just s splint second...

I swear it was.

Suddenly, there was a loud scream that turned into crying.

My eyes widened as I recognize the painful screams and I sprinted over to where YN's sobs came from.

She was sitting on the grass with her arm covered in her own blood.

"YN, what happened?!" I shrieked and dropped to my knees in front of her.

She held up a rose and I could see thornes and cuts covering her arm.

"Wanted pretty! For you! Mean pretty! Pretty bit me!"

"The rose bush has thorns, YN! You should have asked me to get it for you!"

The elderly neighbor ended up coming to our aid and cleaned her up.

It was bath time now.

YN's least favorite time of the day....

"Kitty, stop splashing! You need to get clean!"

Her sobs became louder and I began to panic.

"YN, stop it! Be quiet, shh, shh! Come on, please stop crying, it's not that bad, shhhhh!" I begged but it was no use and much to late.

The door of the bathroom opened and SHE walked in.

"Aw, Goo, is YN upsetting you? I know she's annoying, baby, let me take care of her for you. A young boy like you has no reason to be taking care of his little sister."

"WAIT, NO, PLEASE!" I begged but she was stronger than my five year old self so she easily pushed me aside.

YN screamed in terror, trying to back away from our birth giver but she had nowhere to go.

SHE put her hands on YN's small undeveloped chest and pushed her down under the water with ease.

Water splashed out of the tub and hit the walls as YN trashed her little arms and legs, desperately trying to bring her head up for air, but SHE was holding her down with an overwhelming amount of strength.

I screamed, tears running down my face as I tried to get to my baby sister.

"NO, STOP IT, YOU'RE HURTING HER, PLEASE!" I begged.

"It's okay honey, soon mommy will get rid of this burden and we'll be happy again." She smiled down at me.

The most terrifying part is that the smile wasn't a wicked or an evil one. It wasn't one of a villain knowing they're doing a bad thing.

The smile was full of warmth and love, like a smile a mother would give her child after bandaging his scraped knee and assuring him it would be alright.

It was a smile a mother would give her child as she told them that they were to young to understand why they couldn't have a third cookie.

It was a smile a mother would give her child as she reminded them that mother knows best and they're just looking out for their own good.

She honestly believed that she was doing a good thing.

And that scared me.

It scared me, not only because she was drowning my sister, but because she didn't look like the villains you see on Tv. She looked like a normal human being, not a deranged psychopath.

I looked back at YN. She was still struggling.

I bit the bitch's arm and punched her in the neck with all the strength I had in my five or six year old body.

She shrieked and thankfully let go of YN. I snatched her out of the water and ran as fast as I could.

She called after me, saying she was doing this for us.

I cried, but I kept on running.

I kept on running because it was the only way to save my baby sister.

I gasped and sat up in my bed. I was covered in my sweat and tears, I didn't know where I was until I calmed down a bit.

YN!

She's in trouble!