It Did Happen

I don't know when I began to disassociate or how long I was in that state, but I was brought back by Gun softly shaking me.

"Oh, hey." I smiled at him.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"What's there to talk about?"

He stared at me then scooped me up, laying down on the bed and holding me close.

"It's okay to be upset."

"As long as you have a reason to be upset!" I added.

"He shouldn't have done that."

"Done what?" I asked confused.

"Pinched you."

"Pinched me? Who?"

"Goo."

"Goo pinched me?" I asked confused.

"..Yeah?"

"Why'd he do that?" I asked in complete shock.

"...he was mad at you because you didn't want him to leave."

"Wait, Goo left?!" I gasped.

When did Goo leave?! What's he talking about? I just talked to Goo!

"Yeah, a few hours ago. Do you not remember or are you joking around?"

"Hours ago?! I just talked to him like, ten minutes ago!"

"On the phone?"

"No! He came into my room and we were talking about school!"

"YN, Goo left Japan hours ago. He called me because he wanted to know if you were mad at him."

"There's no way Goo is out of Japan! I just talked to him! Face to face!"

"He's been texting and calling you."

I stared at him confused. What's he talking about?

"Goo wouldn't leave me behind again! He even told me to get ready to go see the cherry blossom trees! He promised to take me today!" I rolled my eyes as I picked up my phone.

There were missed calls and messages from Goo from hours ago.

Confused, I opened them up.

Hey, I'm sorry I
pinched you. I
don't know why I
did that, the Chairman
is angry and that's
frustrating me but
still, that's no
excuse.

I'm really sorry, Kitty.

Hello?

YN?

Are you ignoring me?

I really am sorry YN,
I had no right to do
that. I feel bad.

You can pinch me back
when you get back to
Korea.

Come on YN, don't
ignore me!

Please YN, I'm sorry!

Will you text me
when you're feeling
better? No rush, I
know it's my fault.

I love you.

I stared in disbelief.

I wasn't dressed and ready to go to the park.

I hadn't had a conversation with Goo.

Everything suddenly came back to me.

"Goo pinched me..." I whispered.

The last thing I remember was crying and laying down in the bed, then laughing as I pinched the spot on my arm repeatedly.

"Goo did pinch me... Goo left me again..."

I looked down at my bruised and bloody arm.

"YN...are you okay?" Gun asked and I slowly looked up at him.

I beamed at him with false happiness. 

"Peachy!"

"Your arm...If you need to talk-"

"I'm starving, come on! What's there to eat?" I asked, a smile still on my face.

"YN, your arm-"

Without waiting for an answer, I rushed downstairs and began looking for food.

How did I forget Goo left? I was so upset when he did.

Did I create a whole nother scenario again?

At least it didn't take me a month to come out of it like the other time.

I took the jar of peanut butter from the cupboard and grabbed a spoon before sitting in the middle of the living room, staring at the TV's black screen.

I need to learn how to stop bothering him.

Step one: Don't talk to him unless he talks to you first. That includes hugs, asking for help or money.

Step two: Do whatever he wants. If he's somewhat happy, there's a lower chance of him leaving you...that is if he hasn't already left...

Step three: Don't ask him for anything. Don't burden him. Stay out of his way and read his body language. Tell him what he wants to hear. Do you want your brother to leave you again? No. Therefore, your opinion doesn't matter.

Step four: Buy or make him gifts. Keep him happy. He likes receiving gifts so get him somethings he might like.

I have an art project at school next month. I'll make him something nice that he'll like.

What if he doesn't like it? Then he'll throw it away and I'll have to buy him something expensive. He's very materialistic.

I can't let him leave me. But I have to leave him...what the hell?

What am I going to do, I don't know! I don't know. I don't know, I just don't know.

I don't know.