Ice Cream For Breakfast

I pounded on the door, tears stinging my eyes.

I can't believe I'm so stupid!

The door opened and I ran in, making a bee line for the freezer and ripping it open.

Ice cream.

Cindy will always have ice cream, doesn't matter the weather or temperature.

I snatched it, grabbed a spoon and broke down sobbing. I threw the lid aside and stuffed my face with the frozen treat.

"YN?! What's wrong?! Cindy asked and ran to my side.

"I'M SO STUPID! I THOUGHT I MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE WITH HIM BUT I NEVER DID!"

"What are you talking about? Is this about Gun?"

"YEEEEEEEEEEES!" I sobbed, abandoning the spoon and grabbing clumps with my hands.

"And what made you think he doesn't like you?" Sebastian asked, taking the ice cream from me.

"HEEEE LIIIKEES CRRRRRRRYYYYYSTAAAAAL! WHY WOULD HE WANT ME WHEN HE COULD HAVE HEEEERRRR?!"

"I still don't understand. What suddenly made you think this? Like, were you just thinking and the idea popped in your head or..."

"I saw them talking together and realized that they would be the perfect couple! Both of them are good looking! Rich! They both get along! They spend time together! They run their own businesses! Everyone loves them! I'm nothing compared to heeeerrrr!" I sobbed.

"YN, you literally just described yourself. You fit all those categories."

"DON'T COMPARE ME TO THAT BITCH!" I snapped angrily then my eyes teared up again. "FIRST SHE STOLE MY BROTHER AND NOW MY CRUSH TOOOOOOO! WAHHHHH!" I went back to bawling my eyes out.

"YN, you're overreacting again. Just because Gun talked to another girl, doesn't mean he likes her romantically."

"But he said he liked a girl! I thought he meant DG but he said no, so I asked if it was Goo! He said no again, that it wasn't them and that it was a girl! Of course it's Crystal! Why wouldn't it be, how did I not see that coming?!"

"Crystal isn't the only girl he talks to you know..." Jordan sighed.

"ThErE's MoRrRrE?!?!" I cried out in horror and threw myself face down, scream sobbing.

"Girl, you're doing to much." Cindy shook her head.

"And we're referring to you. You're the other girl." Seb sighed.

"I'M ThE OTheR GuRL?! OH LORD, I'M DYING! THE O-T-H-E-R GIRL, I'M JUST THE SIDE CHICK, HIS OTHER HOE?! THE SECOND THOUGHT?! OH, THATS ALL I'VE EVER WANTED TO BE FOR A MAN, PERFECT! WAH!"

"Did you have to say it like that?!" Cindy snapped at Sebastian. "And YN, calm down."

"I've been stung by a wasp! I've been stung by a wasp! Ow! I'm dying!"

"YN!" Everyone facepalmed.

"Why do you always quote memes?!" Jordan asked.

"It's my coping mechanism!"

"Why don't your try like, exercising, drawing, swimming, yoga?"

"I-I can do sw-swim-ming." I nodded, sitting up.

"Good. Get going before they come looking for you."

"She can't leave yet, they'll know she was crying."

"I can just say I slipped and fell."

We all burst into laughter and talked for a while.

Kurtis brushed my hair and braided it and Cody cleaned my face to hide any evidence of tears.

"There, now they'll never know you were crying. And don't worry about Crystal, there's no way he likes her more than you. Trust us. You could be in, like, literal rags while she could be in the most expensive dress, I'm positive he'd still pick you."

"Thanks Cindy, but that's just wishful thinking. I've got to get going. Thank you guys!"

"Bye YN! Good luck!"

I waved and exited the house with butterflies in my stomach at the thought of seeing them both. What if they're fucking on the kitchen counter?! I don't want to see that!

I'll just walk in, keep my eyes on the floor, run upstairs, and go to my room-NO! They're probably fucking on my bed, I'll go to Goo's room!

What if they locked the door to keep me out?! I don't have my phone!

Alright, just turn the nob... just try it.

I grabbed it and slowly turned it.

The door opened.

Oh.

Time to run in and sprint upstairs.