Neer and Gun

"Ma'am, you're going five miles over the speed limit."

"I can remember a couple times you went like, 30 over and you didn't seem to care.

"I'm an expert driver."

I grinned.

How do I tell him without actually telling him I have driven just about everything with wheels while being chased by a group of assassins in the air and ground?

"What exactly do you want with Sargent Death?" I asked curiously.

"I want him to be my successor."

"What about Johan?" I asked playing dumb.

"I had to let him go for illegal business."

"You didn't hurt him, did you?"

He glanced at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Um, what about that other kid? Aaron or something? He agreed to work for you?"

"He's better than I expected. I think he might actually be able to unite the four major crews....He's one of the best fighters I've had. He even beats Jake."

I nodded and waited for him to continue.

Jake...

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"You gripped the steering wheel like you were in pain."

"My scratches. Mostly the ones on my stomach."

"Maybe I should drive..."

"No, I'm fine, we're almost there."

Jake. I haven't thought about him to much lately. I've even started switching his ring for a different one that Gun got me for Christmas. It was an expensive gold crown ring with real diamonds. It was in that shape because he always called me Princess, he also had that engraved on the inside.

When my friends saw it, they refused to believe I was just friends with the family friend that gave me this ring.

I don't feel as desperate to see Jake anymore. I've even ignored a few of his calls. Even when I'm alone.

When I do answer, I find that I don't miss him as much or flirt back. I kinda just laugh at his flirty comment and I switch the conversation. I think he may be noticing because he's been calling me more.

My phone dinged and I glanced at it. The light was red so I stopped and picked it up.

My wife #2 🥺💖💍

Hey, can I come over?

Hey Neer! Yeah, I'm
not there but I'll be
there in two minutes!

Sounds good!

The light changed and I drove a little faster. I drove down the hill and saw Neer was sitting on the porch swing. She smiled when she saw me and stood up. I locked the car and walked over to her.

"Sorry for leaving you out in the cold! Why didn't you call Sof or Goo? They would have let you in!"

"I did call but neither of them answered."

I glanced at Goo's bedroom window. The curtains were closed. The rooms here are sound proof...

I smiled and shook my head.

"They must have not heard." Gun said taking out his key.

I'm going to kill them both.

"Probably not." I laughed.

They're both dead.

I glanced at Neer and was surprised to see a certain look in her eyes.

She looked at me and smiled.

"Come on, let's get inside before it starts raining again! It was an awful storm yesterday, do you think it'll happen again tonight?"

"I don't know, we should check." I said following her inside.

"Ohh, it's so warm in here." She smiled and took her coat off. I nodded and the three of us made our way to the living room. I stopped when I saw my book 'Pride and Prejudice' that Gun was reading. He was halfway through!

Gun sat next to the arm rest and Neer sat right next to him. I blinked in surprise but shrugged it off before sitting next to her.

"What happened to your face?"

"Hm? Oh, I got really itchy and made myself bleed."

"That's why you didn't come to school today?"

"Nah, I wasn't feeling to good this morning so I went back to sleep."

"You looked tired."

I laughed and her stomach growled loudly.

"Sorry!" She blushed and leaned forward, hugging her stomach looking embarrassed.

"Ah, you're hungry? I can make something really quickly!"

"Oh no, I don't want to bother you!"

"Oh it's fine!"

"I can make it so-" Gun was cut off.

"But then who would keep me company?" Neer asked pulling him back down. I laughed and heard a hiss.

I looked towards the doorway where Sancus and Mew were peeking out from behind the wall.

"Hey my babies, go say hi!" I smiled petting San as I passed by. He whined and I looked at him confused as he bit the sleeve of the hoodie I was wearing.

"What is it?" I asked and he glanced at the two who I left in the living room as if to say, you're not really going to leave them alone in there, are you?

"They're fine! If you're so worried, go watch them!" I smiled and the two ran in.

I shook my head and turned to make some food.

°•°•Gun's POV°•°•

I glanced at Neer who was staring at me. What is up with this girl, I still don't like her. She's weird.

"So we're alone now." She said with a look I couldn't quite place.

"Yeah, we are." I said trying not to seem cold towards her for YN's sake. That and she might start crying and get me in trouble again.

"So what do you want to talk about?"

"Honestly, I don't like talking very much."

"You're right, I don't either." She moved closer to me. I didn't know if I should stand up or not, this girl is making me even more uncomfortable.

Where's YN?