Nightmares

~Earlier that night~

Loud bams racked my brain and almost burst my ear drums.

Lights blinded me as they flashed.

Bombs dropped and exploded, shaking the ground, killing people, throwing everything in the air.

Screams of pain, fear, anger and determination filled the air. Agents ran all around, some being blown into pieces, others ripping others to shreds.

And where was I?

I was hiding.

I was hiding under some metal rubble, hands over my head, tears streaming down my face. I was terrified. I was praying to everything and everyone for help. I prayed that I wouldn't get hurt, I prayed I would get out of here unharmed and in one piece.

I was scared.

"NightShade! What are you doing?! Come on!!"

I looked up trembling at Gemini. I didn't know her real name back then. None of us knew each other's names. We only knew our training names. We were given a name when we went in and left with a new and permanent one.

Mine was NightShade.

I never understood why Gemini took my training name and called her organization after it. Why didn't she name it Gemini? Honestly, Alice is a confusing girl. We didn't like each other, but we had a quiet sort of odd respect for each other.

"Get up! Let's go!"

"No! I'm scared, leave me alone!" I snapped and slashed at her with my knife.

"Ugh! You bitch! Get the fuck up! And they're thinking of giving YOU the five titles?! You got to be joking!" She ran off and I went back to hiding like the useless bitch that I am.

I want Goo. I want to go home!

"NightShade!" I looked up to see some of the 'nicer' kids running towards me. Just then, a bomb dropped. It was horrible. Even though I wanted to, I couldn't look away. I had to watch.

When I got back to The Academy, I, per usual, got my ass beat by Miss Grace.

"You disgrace! You failure! You let them die! You let them all die! Everyone's death is on you! You are the bringer of death! You can never be perfect! You have to be perfect! If Jordan hadn't stepped in last year, I would have killed you! You should have been killed! What did Jordan see in you?!"

I hit the floor, all bloody and bruised.

I should have died.

Why did Jordan step in last year? They were going to kill me in front of everyone for being to cowardly, but before they did, Jordan grabbed the wrist of Miss Grace's assistant.

"If you kill her now, you lose your best assassin. She might not be much to look at now, but with the proper training and molding, she'll be the best you've seen in years."

I was half unconscious at this point.

"That's it...that's it, that's your graduation name. Sergeant Death. Sergeant because you are a higher up, but not perfect so you can't be a Private or anything. It will be spelled incorrectly because even in your achievements, you have flaws so it will be spelled Sargent! Death because that's what you bring. It will forever be a reminder that you will never be perfect and you kill people no matter what you do.
Congratulations ex-NightShade." She chuckled and walked out, leaving me on the floor, a single tear running down my face.

I blinked and five people were in front of me. The five 'nicer' kids were standing in front of me. I couldn't decide if they were dressed in what they wore before they blew up or if they were missing body parts and were bloody. My eyes were to unfocused. I began to panic.

"It's a fitting name."

"You killed us."

"You're the bringer of death."

"Why didn't you help us?"

"Sargent Death."

"Murderer."

"Disappointment.'

"Not even your own mother loved you."

"Goo left because of you."

"Your going to kill all your friends."

"Weak."

"Stupid."

"Useless!"

"Liar!"

"Disgrace!"

"Murderer!"

"It's your fault!"

"You will never be perfect!"

"Failure!"

"You bring death to everyone you know!"

"SARGENT DEATH!"

"KILLER!"

"INCAPABLE OF LOVING!"

"INCAPABLE OF BEING LOVED!"

"YOU KILLED US!"

"YOU WILL NEVER BE PERFECT!"

I screamed and covered my ears but it was no use. The voices got louder till I thought my head would explode. I rolled to the side and screamed in pain.

My eyes opened and I sat up. Wait, that didn't happen in real life... Back then, when I rolled over, I didn't hurt my nose?

I looked up to see I was actually on the floor.

"Oh. That explains a lot."

I hugged my knees and shivered. Why did I have to remember that? Why'd I have to remember the meaning of my name?

"You're not allowed to forget." I looked up to Miss Grace in the corner of my room.

"Oh shut up, you old hag." I grumbled trying to hide my fear. I wasn't staying in this room. Not with her ghost here.

Creep.

I grabbed my blanket, pillow and teddy bear that Gun bought me, and made my way out.

I was planning on sleeping in a tiny closet where we have spare blankets because I will occasionally take naps there and have some alone time, but I found myself opening the door to Gun's room. I got into his bed and hid under his blankets. This place smells like him (of course).

I closed my eyes and gripped my teddy bear. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, feeling comforted by his smell.