And We Walk

"Damn, I should have embarrassed you in front of him." I shook my head.

"Try me."

"Awww, would have Mr. Grumps be a wittle upset with me?"

"I'd have to kill you."

I laughed and covered my mouth since I was to loud.

"You'd do both of us a favor."

He wacked me upside the head and I giggled.

"Wait, question."

"Hm?"

"Next time, if there is a next time that is, what do I even say to them? He asked me what I was to you and I didn't know what to say. Like, do I say we're friends, a couple, engaged, I'm your hostage, I don't know you, what do I say?"

"Just don't say anything. It's better if you don't talk to them."

"What?! I won't talk if they don't talk to me, but I can't ignore them either!"

"Well if you insist on answering them, you have three choices."

"What are they?"

"My girlfriend, my successor or Goo's sister."

I choked on my spit and had to stop walking to keep from dying.

"What?" I asked and almost threw up.

"Is telling people you're my girlfriend that bad?"

I didn't answer. What the hell was that?!

Goo's sister?! There's no way...unless the Chairman told him...what should I say?

I think I should just drop it.

"Your girlfriend? Bitch, if anything, I'm your fiance!"

"They think I'm not the type to settle down with someone. I've never been in a serious relationship, I've always just dated girls I wanted to fuck and once I get bored, I dump them."

"Damn, that's harsh. I've always dated people who had the respect of others and I thought wouldn't hit me." I shrugged.

"I've never met someone with higher standards." He joked and I laughed, hugging his arm. "Have you ever thought of having a family?"

I blinked in surprise and looked up at him.

"Huh?"

"You know, like, have you ever thought of getting married and having children?"

I stayed quiet as I thought about it.

"If I'm honest Gun... I wouldn't be a good mom." I laughed.

"Why?"

"Well, for one, I've had bad roll models my entire life. I've never met a good mom so how would I be that for my kids? All I've seen is blood and tears. I don't want to be like my mom, having little patience, beating the shit out of me for sneezing or for being hungry. And what if the father is just as bad? What if he's a crazy drunk that beats them or me? My mother loved my dad a lot more than he loved me, what if I'm the same way? What if I chose him over my kids? What if I get mad that they cry to much? I can't take care of myself, how am I going to take care of tiny humans that depend completely on me. I'll throw up on the child before I even finish taking the diaper off them. What if I'm bathing them and they wiggle around and piss me off so I hold them under water before I realized what I'm doing? What if I play favorites and only like one child over the other? My mother absolutely adored my brother, everyone did, and everyone hated me. I went through hell because of that, what if I do it to my children too?! What if I think I'm doing a good job but I'm actually hurting them? What if THEY don't like ME?! What do I do then? I don't know how to do shit, like, what do you even do with a baby? I don't know, I just don't know. It's not like you can just give it away and leave. Like, babies are cute and when they start crying, you give them to the mom and it's their problem. Well, you can't go give the baby to the mother if you ARE the mother! Who decided it was a good idea to invent babies?!"

Gun looked down at me and I looked up at him.

"Long story short, yes I've thought about it but I'm to scared to actually go through with it. What about you? You said you liked this one girl last night, have you thought of starting a family with her?"

"I have....but I don't think she wants kids."

"So you want kids?"

"I don't think I'd be much of a father. I might end up running out on them."

"I don't think you would do that. I actually think you'd be a good dad."

"How?"

"You're fun and kind. You're a tough man yet you know how to be gentle. You protect what's yours. You've learned a lot of...some not so great things but you've also learned some good things. You could teach them how to use power in a positive manner." I smiled, still hugging his arm.

I thought about his job and how if things got tough, he'd bounce.

But...he'd change...right? I mean...you change when you have kids!....

Right?

Why am I worrying about it anyways, he won't father my kids or anything...it's probably for the best...

"I think you'd be a good mother."

"Why?" I laughed.

"Well, you're protective of your family and have unconditional love for them. You forgive people willingly and always see the good in people. You're the type to go out of your way to help others and will work hard to accomplish tasks. You know and can teach your family life lessons. I don't know, I just see you as a perfect mother and wife..."

I laughed.

"Who the hell would want me to mother their kids?" I snorted.

"I would." He shrugged.

"Shut up, dumbass!" I laughed and bumped my head into his shoulder, blushing lightly at the comment.

"We should head back now." Gun said and I nodded.

"Sure, come on, move those legs, lazy bones!" I chirpped and hopped about the snow in a zig zag motion.

I turned the corner and yelped in surprise.

"Ugh, watch where you're going dumbass!"

"Ah...so it's you..." I rolled my eyes at the 19 year old in front of me.

"What do you mean by that, asshat?! Fuck you you stupid bitch! Go to fucking hell! You almost bump into me and you're having a mother fucking attitude with me?!"

"Hey!" Gun snapped.

"Leave him, he's an asshole and there's no getting through to him." I stopped Gun as he tried to approach him.

"You know him?"

"Unfortunately, I do. I can't remember his name though..."

"EXCUSE ME?! HOW FUCKING DARE YOU?!"

"I see you're ego is still the biggest thing about you." I rolled my eyes.

"FUCK YOU, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! YOU'RE JUST SOME DUMB BITCH ASS GIRL!" He pushed past me and I took Gun's hand to keep him from going after him.

"YN, let me go! I'm going to kill him!"

Hold my hand instead, it's cold."

"...Fine..."

We talked all the way home and to my surprise, I found that I was tired again so we got ready for bed.