Birthday Special!

(Updating early so I can take a nap 😘✌️. Also, did I give Gun pride flag rings?.....yes. :D)

I walked into class and sat next to Jay. I looked at him and blinked in shock.

"Jay?" I asked the empty seat.

"Surprise! Happy birthday YN!" All my friends, including Vasco, Jace, Eli, and Mary cheered.

I jumped in shock and looked at them.

"What?"

"It's your birthday silly!" Mira laughed and all the girls, Eli, Daniel, Vasco and Jay hugged me.

"My birthday?" I asked still in a state of shock.

"Yeah, it's December 23!"

"It is?! I gasped and looked at my phone which I hadn't checked in ages.

It was full of happy birthday texts from my assassin friends.

"Oh damn, it is."

"How are you going to celebrate it?" Zack asked poking my cheek.

"I'm honestly probably not going to." I ginned and they laughed.

"Happy birthday YN!" Vasco smiled and put a kinda funky wrapped up box in front of me. Jace blushed looking at it before he put down a presents that was wrapped all neat, tidy and sparkly in front of me. I got a whole mess of presents and I had no idea how I was getting then all home.

The bell rang and everyone hurried to their seats and classrooms.

"...."

"What's that? We're all going to the duck park to celebrate my birthday after school ?" I asked Jay confused and he nodded with a smile.

"N-no, it's fine really!"

Last year they didn't know my birthday so they didn't get me anything. I was okay with it, I wasn't expecting anything. I've never actually had my birthday celebrated. This is weird!

All the teachers loved me as well as the lunch ladies, so I got a free meal and they sneaked me a cupcake.

Jojo

What time do you
get out of class?

My friends are
taking me to the
duck park after
school

Let's meet
Saturday to
celebrate with
the others.

You don't have
to! I'm fine with
this!

To bad! Happy
Birthday! See you
Saturday!

I rolled my eyes and smiled. Goo would always steal cupcakes for me and light a match as a candle. It didn't last long but it was the best to me. We would split it and eat it happily. Those were good times.

We went to the park and Jay took out a cake and I blinked.

"Where did you get that? Where did you hide that?"

He shrugged and opened it. Daniel took out some candles, placing them on the cake. Zack lit them and they began to sing happy birthday.

"Make a wish YN!" Mary cheered and I blew out the candles after thinking of one.

"Yay!" My friends cheered and clapped.

"Fuck." I whispered and wiped my face. A tear escaped my eyes and I covered my cheek.