Eyelashes

We heard laughter up ahead and looked over. A group of girls were walking towards us, giggling and whispering excitedly amongst each other.

"San, step aside. Mew, make room and stick to your brother."

They both moved to the right.

"Gun, you're in their way." I looked at him as Goo and I walked onto the grass.

"They can go around."

I rolled my eyes but went quiet as the girls approached

"Hahaha, oh my God!" A girl gasped as she tripped herself and threw herself into Gun's arms. "Oh my God, I am so sorry sir! I'm so clumsy!"

Her friends giggled and made it even more obvious that this was all planned.

So many girls like him, it's never really bothered me, but now it does.

"It's fine." Gun pushed her off and she grabbed his arms.

"Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I? Although, a strong man like you seems hard to hurt." She fluttered her eyelashes at him.

"I'm fine." He ignored her attempts.

"Are you sure? Maybe I should get your number so I can check up on you later."

She held out her phone to him, already open and ready for a new contact.

Her friends giggled loudly.

"No, I'm okay." He took a drag from his cancer stick and blew out the smoke.

"Oh, you smoke? Me too! That's hot. So are your tattoos. I love a man with tattoos. You're just my type."

"Well you're not mine."

Oh, he's loyal. Crystal isn't here and yet he rejects this beautiful woman?

Mad respect, sir.

I wish I had that kind of man.

Crystal has everything I want...

"Oh, come on, don't be like that! We can get to know each other a little better and then maybe you'll find that I am in fact your type."

My stomach crunched again and I looked down. Goo gripped my hand and I leaned against him.

"Please leave me alone." Gun said and pushed past her.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" The girl snapped but we walked away, ignoring her. "Ugh, you're probably gay, huh?! Fuck you!"

We kept walking and ignored the entitled brat.

It was silent for a few minutes till I glanced at Gun.

"She seemed to like you." I hummed and looked away.

"I guess, but I'm not interested."

"Your girlfriend is probably grateful."

"My girlfriend?" He asked and sounded shocked.

I guess he didn't think I noticed him and Crystal.

I looked down at my nails, acting unbothered.

"Yeah, you know, the girl you're with? The girl you like."

"I know what a girlfriend is, but I don't have one."

"Is it just not official or not actually that serious? Complicated perhaps?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Am I getting to personal? I'll back off then."

"No, I'm just confused as to why you think I'm seeing someone."

I glanced at him then blinked in shock.

"I'll be right back." I handed Goo the leash and walked past Gun.

I crossed the street and peeked behind a tree.

"What are you doing, Milly?"

"Don't call me that. You left so quickly, I didn't get to talk to you about something." He blew out the cigarette smoke and examined the rolled up paper in between his fingers.

"Well, you did tell everyone to get the hell out of your meeting house." I shrugged and put my hands in my pockets.

"I didn't think you'd leave, you never listen to me."

"I had something to take care of last night." I shrugged.

"An order?"

"You know I can't tell you that. Now what do you want?"

"I think we need to leave Japan."

"Excuse me?"

"We should be in Europe trying to find Plato, not ditching class to hang out with guys."

"If I continue forcing myself to work every second of my life, I'll go bat shit crazy. I think two weeks of break is alright."

"Plato has killed about 786 people in less than two weeks." He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye.

"And I have people that are tracking him and trying to prevent more casualties."

"YN, your people were having so much trouble finding him that you came to me. I lead the 3rd top, you lead the 1st. Obviously something is wrong if I beat you."

I swallowed.

He's right, that means Nightshade could also have some hidden information from me.

"If I suddenly leave, it'll raise suspicions. I'll send Marco in my place for now. As soon as I can go, I will."

"And when will that be?"

"I'm not sure, I need to keep an eye on the Choi's. Sargent Deaths still has some stuff to do in Korea. Besides, Lucas is in charge of Europe, I trust him. He's been a bit preoccupied with some things but he'll get back on track."

"You're going to let Lucas keep leading the search?"

"Do you have a problem with that?"

"Isn't being a doctor and the Guardian of Europe a lot to have on his plate? And he's getting a bit old, don't you think?"

"It's his call. If he ever wants to drop one, he can do so."

Miller sighed in annoyance and rubbed his forehead.

"Whatever, send you agents over asap, will you?"

"Sure thing, Russ."

"Don't call me that."

"Since when do I listen to you?" I asked as he walked away, pulling his hood higher over his head.

I snorted as he gave me the finger and watched him walk away.