WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

(Warning, this chapter contains self harm, talks about suicide and self degrading.)

"OH MY GOD!" I covered my mouth as I looked at the picture.

"What the fuck?! That's got to be makeup, right?!" Jordan picked up my phone and zoomed into the picture.

"What does the caption say?"

"Day 43 of trying to get @YNKim_is.lost to notice me!<3
Hello my queen! Today I carved your name into my thigh with my kitchen knife! It hurt a lot but I knew it would be worth it! If you told me to kill myself, I would do it in a heartbeat! I love you so much and I hope you like today's offering! I am nothing but a speck of dirt, not worthy of even being on the bottom of your boot!"

We both stared at the red cuts on the person's thigh. It was even more horrifying when I saw YN Kim spelled out.

Oh my God....

Tears welled up in my eyes and I looked at Jordan.

"What should I do?!" I asked Jordan who looked uncomfortable.

"It's-its probably a joke, no person would actually do that. Just comment that these jokes aren't funny and self harm is an actual problem."

The sound of footsteps nearing us caught our attention.

"Just ignore them, we'll talk later, okay? It's okay." He assured me before running and jumping out a window.

Gun, Goo, and the rest of the class came around the corner.

"There you are, come in, it's time for morality class." Gun said walking past me, Goo right at his side.

Why is he teaching this class?

"Today we will be going over hard decisions. You need to get a job done but someone needs your help. If you chose to help the person, you can't finish the job and you get in huge trouble. If you finish the job, you're fine but the person could be left unable to live a normal life, what will you do? But first I want to ask if anyone has ever gone through something like this." Gun sat on the desk as Goo spun in the chair.

Have I ever had to face something like that? Is that a joke?

★Flashback★

I laid on top of a building, slowly looked through my binoculars for my target.

A government official who knows to much.

I was searching carefully when there was a loud scream. I glanced over annoyed and listened.

"James! James baby, where are you?!"

I turned towards the shouts and watched.

"Please sir, have you seen my son?! He's five years old, blonde, blue eyes, he's about 3 feet tall and he's wearing a Batman shirt!"

The man shook his head and went back to his phone call.

Um, that's rude. I glanced down at my clothes and bit my lip. I can't just go down and help her. I'd be arrested by any of the official's bodyguards that saw me.

I glanced around and my eyes widened. My target was in my line of fire with his back to me... but the boy was standing right in front of him.

I could do this and fail my mission, or I could take my target out, traumatizing this innocent toddler.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

I opened them and pointed my sniper at the little boy's forehead. The laser stood out against his white, pale skin.

My original target spun around and grabbed the boy before running into a building.

Within minutes, the area was closed off by cop cars. I hid and watched.

The little boy was reunited with his mother and I left. My target wasn't there so I had no reason to stay.

My screams of pain echoed through the small room before I was thrown down by two guards. I glared at Miss Grace and swallowed the saliva in my mouth.

"You failed your mission. For what? A child?"

Jordan held my arms back and I continued to glare at Miss Grace.

"Do you regret your actions?"

I stayed silent and hissed as Jordan twisted my arm even further.

"I asked you a question, asset. Do you regret your actions?"

I licked my bloody lips before answering.

"No."

"Hm." She said before turning and nodding at a guard.

The doors opened and the mother and son were dragged in. My eyes widened and I watched helplessly.

"You saved them for nothing. You should have left them alone, finished your mission, and come back. Now they have to die."

"No! Leave them alone, they didn't do anything wrong!"

"But you did. And you need to be punished for that. You can't have any distractions."

A guard walked up behind the mother and slit her throat and the little both screamed before having his throat slit as well.

"No!" I screamed and pulled my right arm out of Jordan's grip.

I grabbed his gun and shot the guard in the head and Miss Grace in the leg.

I was thrown down and Jojo broke my forearm. I screamed in pain as I felt the bone break and come out of my skin.

(I actually stole this from my Captain America X Reader that I never published and just changed like, two things to fit here XD)

I shook my head and sighed through my nose. I rubbed my temples, trying to focus and forget those times.

"...."

"Yeah, I'm okay, Jay, thanks for asking." I smiled. 

(Okay this is the last chapter for today. I'll publish again the day after tomorrow. Five more chapters till the end of book one.)