Competition

Crystal is sick? Hm, I wonder if it's a cold or something worse.

"Are you okay, Zoe?" I asked and crouched in front of her.

"Y-yeah... I just thought I wouldn't have any competition..."

I frowned and glanced at Daniel and Crystal who were laughing.

"Well...look at it this way." I smiled and looked back at my friend. "Getting the man easily is fun, but it feels so much better when you get him over someone else."

"What if I don't win him?"

"Then you hurt for a while and then you move on. This kind of pain doesn't normally last forever. If we get the man, then yay! If we don't, it's not the end of the world."

"Do you have any advice on how to get a man?" She looked up hopefully.

Oh honey... I'm still trying to get Gun, I'm just as desperate as you...

"Mary might! Let's go ask her!" I took her hand and led her out of the classroom.

Joy found her at the same time as us and asked the same question.

"So who's the lucky guy?" Mrs. Wifey smirked.

"T-that's a secret!"

I listened to my wife's ridiculous explanation and tilted my head.

Smile and distract him? We were taught that too, but it always had malicious behind it. I've never used it to actually get with someone.

Can I pull it off with Gun?

How the hell would I even do that?

How do I distract him from Crystal?

It's not easy for a sewer rat to take attention away from a goddess like Crystal!

Well, actually, it might be but usually it's not a good reaction...

Once back in the classroom, I was still deep in thought when I noticed Zoe crouch down to tie her shoe.

Hm... perhaps I should try that on Gun...WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT EARLIER, IT'S SO OBVIOUS!

"Zoe, isn't that to old fashioned?"

"H-huh?!"

I gasped in surprise. What's wrong with that trick?!

"Here, let me show you a new and better way!" She bent down and began to tie Zoe's shoe for her.

Oh.

I still hate her though.

"Hoo-hah! You put it in like this! Hoo-hah! And pull it out like that, ta-da!★" Crystal wiped the sweat from her face with a big smile but I stared at her in horror.

This bitch sounds like she's teaching her how to have sex, not to tie her shoe!

And why is she sweating? She didn't even do anything!

I huffed and turned away, thinking about how I could win Gun over.

Should I buy him flowers?

Of course not!

Imagine?!

He'd slap me with them!

"Hey, stop joking around! It's not like your house is falling apart!"

Girl, no!

I tried to stop her but she just went on insulting his house.

"Actually...yeah...the roof caved in yesterday..."

"Zoe!" Joy gasped and covered her mouth.

I sunk into my chair and covered my face due to the second hand embarrassment.

Oh Zoe... it's okay honey, we still love you.