Samuel

I glared at Gun. He just stood there with his signature scowl. Ugh, why is he such an asshole?!

"Hey, we finished our hours for today, let's get ice cream!" I turned and smiled at Neer.

"O-okay." She wiped her eyes and I helped her up.

We walked past Gun and headed over to the ice cream truck across the street. We got a cone each, she chose chocolate and I got strawberry.

Gun, of course, paid before we sat on a bench in the park.

I joked around with Neer, sending Gun away when he started smoking.

"Gun...is he a gangster?"

"Huh?"

"Is he like, your body guard?"

"What, no! He just follows me around, even when I tell him to leave me alone. He's a weirdo but most of the time, he's okay. I don't know why he snapped at you, but I'm so sorry."

"Oh, it's alright, really! He didn't even say anything to me, my anxiety just kicked in and I started crying, that's all."

I sighed and shook my head.

"I don't know why he's like that. I wish he'd stop fighting."

I looked over at Gun and saw him leaning against a tree. He had his cigarette between his fingers and smoke crawling out from between his lips, staring over towards us lazily.

Suddenly, he tilted his head and and his body language shifted from annoyed to alert.

Someone he knew was coming up behind us.

"He'll never do that." We both turned and I gasped.

My eyes widened then hardened angrily.

"What are you doing here?!" I snapped.

"What, I can't take a walk in the park?"

"Keep walking then!"

"I just want to stop and say hi to an old friend."

"We were never friends! You tried to kiss me when you knew I was still with him! And I had said no!"

"Calm down, I'm not here for you."

"Are you here for Gun? Are you going to ask why he doesn't approve of you or something?"

Samuel's eye twitched and I hardened my glare.

"Who's this?"

"She's none of your business! Now fuck off before I call Gun. He'll beat your ass again, just like last time."

His eye twitched again but he kept his smile.

"I never knew you to hide behind guys and let them fight your battles."

This bitch.

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

I let my body language become even more tense and nervous, standing and pulling Neer away.

"I don't fight." I snapped and he chuckled. He glanced passed me and I turned to look at what caught his attention.

Gun flicked his cigarette into the water (that littering bastard!) before making his way over to us.

Thank God! Thank God that idiot reads body language, I don't want to deal with Samuel in front of all these people!

"Anyways, I should go, I have a business to run."

"If you call that a job. Who would have thought you, the great Samuel, would end up sucking the dick of the very man who use to desperately suck at your own dick. Shame."

Samuel glared but glanced at Gun who was about a yard in a half away. He gave me a look before looking at Neer.

Something flashed in his eyes for a second but then it disappeared and he walked away.

Gun stood between Samuel and I, even though Samuel was already a good distance away.

(My hero 😍🙄)

I looked at my half eaten ice cream.

Gun and Goo always give me crap for biting my ice cream, but the hell am I supposed to do? Lick and suck it? (GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER! ESPECIALLY YOU JENNY! YOU TOO CATHY!)

I sat down again.

My stomach hurt and I shivered. It was cold out, but not cold enough to give up ice cream.

But my stomach really hurts.... Am I getting my period early?

"I'll be right back, I have to use the bathroom." Neer said standing up and leaving. Gun and I were alone. I looked up at him and pat the spot next to me.

It wasn't a very big bench, but Gun and I can sit next to each other and still give her space for when she comes back.

He sat next to me and fit perfectly. We were pressed together, but I think he understands.

(I mean...you could always sit apart and move closer when she gets back...but I'll be quiet I guess.)

He was bigger and taller than me. He had his arm on the back of the bench and I felt like he was kind of hugging me. All I had to do was lean back the tiniest bit and I'd be leaning on him.

I wanted to do that.

I wanted to do that so bad.

"Want me to move a bit?" I asked looking up at him, making my head lean on his shoulder.

He looked down at me.

"No, it's okay like this. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." It was silent for a second until I broke eye contact.

"Want my ice cream?"

"What? Are you alright?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You don't want ice cream, are you sick?"

He put a hand on my forehead and frowned.

"You are a little warm." He frowned. "Take my coat."

"No, it's fine!" I said closing his sweater. "I only feel warm because your hands are cold from the winter wind. I'm fine." I smiled before turning away and sneezing.

(Umm, ma'am? How long has it been winter? Who cares, I love it!)

"I think you're getting sick." He sighed and pulled me onto his lap. He opened and pulled his coat around me so that I was pressed against him, crossing his arms to keep the coat shut. My temple was against his cheek and I hoped to God he couldn't see me blush.