Sneak

"Goo! Pick me up!" I reached up at my older brother with grabby hands. Goo blinked and looked away from the loud men across the street.

He smiled down at me and scooped me up.

"Are you hungry, Kitty?"

"A little." I nodded and he smiled then frowned. "What's wrong?" I asked and tilted my little head.

"Huh?"

"That was your sad smile."

"No it wasn't. I'm never sad as long as you're with me." He kissed my cheek and I giggled.

"I love you, Goo." I wrapped my little arms around his neck.

"I love you too. Hey, can you do me a favor?"

"Yeah! I can do you a favor!"

"Okay. You see that man over there?"

"Over there?"

"No, the man sitting at the table with all that food."

"Oh, yeah, I see him."

"Good. Go up to him and show him your drawing. Then when he asks you about it, say it's your dog Spot and he's missing, okay? Keep him talking and don't let him look away. When I cross the street, come over here again, got it? I'll pick you up, so don't cross the street and don't follow anyone." He instructed.

I nodded and looked down at my stick figure dog drawing.

"I do what I always do?"

"Yes."

"Okay." I nodded and went up to the man.

I talked to him as Goo crept up from behind. He grabbed some food off the plates as well as the man's wallet. He nodded at me and ran across the street.

"Bye bye!" I ran back to the corner of the block and Goo walked over to pick me up.

"Is it good?" Goo asked as he nibbled on a piece of bread.

"Yeah! What is it?" I asked.

"I don't know, just eat and let's head back home before mom realizes were missing." He grabbed a napkin and cleaned my face from the sauce.

I opened my eyes and blinked up at the ceiling.

I sighed then peeked over at Goo.

He was sprawled across the bed, still dead asleep.

Nothing has changed.

I pushed his arm and leg off of me and proceeded to sneak out of his room.

The house was silent and still, I suppose no one is up yet.

It is pretty early. I peeked into my room, but it was empty. I guess he went to his own room to sleep.

That makes sense.

I pulled on a hoodie before I made my way downstairs. Nothing really interested me for breakfast.

I was kinda pissed off at Goo for getting in my way, even if it wasn't what I thought or hoped it was.

Whatever, as if I have time for any of that dirty stuff.

I suppose I'll have cereal. I tiptoed for the box on one of the higher shelves.