twelve

𝙆𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙍𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙯𝙫𝙤𝙪𝙨

The news of Cho's cheating scandal spreaded like wildfire. It was all people could talk about for days. Though people pity Harry it was still a bad reminder for Harry that people kept constantly reminding him of what happened that night.

Zoia could tell Harry has been down for the past few days, although he always showed up first at the library now, everytime they meet up.

As she entered the library, she could see Harry memorizing something from the study cards she made.

"Oh hey Zozo," he said as he noticed her arrival.

"Zozo?" she frowned.

"Yeah, it's your nickname now," he said.

"Alright," she said calmly even though she's definitely not calm on the inside.

They were studying for an hour and it was oddly silent the whole time. Usually Harry would make jokes or funny remarks every now and then but ever since what happened it seems like Cho also sucked out his sense of humor.

"That's it," she stood up and packed her things.

"Where are you going? We haven't finished studying," he frowned.

"Let's study at the kitchen," she said. "C'mon!"

"Alright! Alright!" he said as he packed up his things.

"Hey Dobby," she greeted the elf as they entered the kitchen.

"Hi Zoia Robinson and Harry Potter," he squealed.

"Hi is there any ice cream, Dobby?"

"Yes Zoia Robinson, what flavor do you want? And what does Harry Potter wants?"

"Can I get chocolate ice cream?" she said. "Harry what do you want?" he nudged his ribs.

"Ouch! Can I get ice cream too but vanilla?" he asked.

"Yes Harry Potter and Zoia Robinson. Dobby will be right back!"

"Vanilla? Seriously?" she raised her eyebrows.

"Why? What's wrong with vanilla ice cream?"
he frowned.

"It's basically no flavor," she said.

"What?! It is a flavor! Vanilla flavor!" he exclaimed.

While eating their ice creams, they both quizzed each other with their study cards in front of them.

"Accio accio accio accio," said Harry as he summoned a bunch of cookies to him as a form of practicing the summoning charm (and for his ice cream).

"Nice one!" she complimented him.

"Thanks," he beamed. "What do you want to be? Career wise I mean."

"Not sure," she furrowed her eyebrows, thinking. "I want to work at the Department of Magical Law Enforcement but not entirely sure what division yet. How about you?"

"Auror," he answered.

"Hey that's under the Department of Magical Law Enforcement!" she beamed.

"Yeah," he chuckled. "Maybe we might work together in the future."

"We might," she said.

"Why not try become an auror? Maybe we can be auror buddies like we are now, tutoring buddies," he said.

"We'll see," she said. "Auror's not bad though."

"Well whatever it is, you'll probably be good at it," he smiled at her. "Want some cookies?"

"Sure," she said.

But before she could get it, he muttered a subtle reducto curse which causes the cookie to broke into pieces, more like into dust.

"Why would you do that?" she frowned and glared at him.

Harry didn't answer her question but kept laughing at her while tilting his head back due to his laughter.

"You look — so stupid," he laughed.

"Alright, now stop," she hissed at him.

"I wish I have a  — camera — with me," he said between his laughter.

Zoia huffed and grabbed her candies that Harry got her for today's session instead.

As his laughter died down, Zoia just smiled at him.

"What?" he raised his eyebrows.

"It's been a while since you genuinely laughed like this, you know," she said.

"I suppose," he said. "Thank you for suggesting us to study here. You always know what to do, don't you? Are you serious you don't want to be a healer?"

"Nah. I hate being surrounded by sick people," she said.

"Well good for me because we could work together in the future and you can cheer me up when I got my heartbroken again by someone. Maybe I could also cheer you up if a guy wronged you," he chuckled.

Zoia's stomach dropped at what he just said. She felt a weight on her chest. No matter what she does and how much time they spend together, he could only see her as his friend, nothing more. Zoia doesn't even think that Harry noticed that she paid attention to him more than any guys in her life, scratch that, he's the only guy she paid attention to because she's not particularly friends with any guys except him.

"Yeah," she awkwardly chuckled while avoiding eye contact with him. "Er- I think I need to go back to my dorm. It's school night. You alright on your own?"

"Oh yeah yeah it's fine. I probably will be heading back to my dorm as well after this," he said.

"Great."

She then stood up from the counter they were sitting in and gathered all of her stuffs. Before she could leave, Harry called her again.

"I know halloween was last week but Fred and George wanted to throw a costume party saturday night. It's in our common room. Wanna come?" he asked. "You can bring your friends."

"Oh, yeah sure, I'll ask my friends."

"Brilliant! See you at the party Zozo," he said.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

It's finally the night of the party. Zoia decided to invite her three roomates. Hannah decided to dressed up as a Minnie Mouse while Susan dressed up as a Daisy Duck, (characters from Disney). On the other hand, Zoia dressed up as Cher Horowitz while Monica dressed up as Dionne Davenport; they're characters from clueless, a muggle movie that just came out that year. Since Zoia's dressed up as Cher, she decided to charm her hair to look blonde.

"You as a blonde is something I never expect," said Monica who's currently looking at her.

"Only for one night," said Zoia while looking at herself oddly through the mirror.

"Not saying it's bad. It's just a drastic change. I quite like to to be honest," said Monica.

"Save your breath from the lies Mon," Zoia sighed. "Let's just go to the party — Hannah! Susan! C'mon!"

"Coming!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ɴᴏᴛᴇ ! ]

                            Zoia       🤝         Me
                    Thinking vanilla is flavorless