twenty nine

𝙇𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙧 𝙋𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧

After opening up presents, Zoia sat together with Lily while Harry was talking with James, Remus and Sirius about something.

"This was Harry's first time in a toy broomstick. It was Harry's first birthday present from Sirius," said Lily as she was showing Zoia a photo album of Harry when he was little.

"He looks adorable," said Zoia in awe. "Oh my God look at this, him eating treacle tart."

"Yeah, it has been his favorite food for years," Lily chuckled.

"Who's that?" asked Zoia to Lily, looking at a picture of Harry with a boy who's two times his size.

"That's his cousin, Dudley. They don't get along — well I don't even get along with my sister," said Lily.

"Is that you Lily?" Zoia pointed at a picture of a young redhead woman with a newborn baby.

"Yes, it was me after I gave birth to Harry, look at how small he is." Zoia can tell she's feeling completely nostalgic looking at it.

"You look very beautiful, Lily," said Zoia. "I don't think someone has ever looked that beautiful after giving birth. . ." It's true, Lily looked absolutely beautiful. It even makes Zoia wonder whether she'll look that beautiful after giving birth.

"You're too sweet Zoia, thank you," Lily smiled as she side-hugged Zoia.

"Eh. . . I'm okay," Zoia chuckled.

"Harry has never brought that Cho girl home you know? He mentioned her a few times in his letter but not as often as he mentioned you. I think you're not just okay, Zoia," said Lily.

"Maybe," said Zoia nervously.

"If you don't mind, what happened between them anyway? He never told us and he usually tells us everything," said Lily.

"Er- I think you should ask Harry about that," said Zoia.

"Oh alright, it's okay," said Lily.

From the distance, she could see James, Sirius and Remus sometimes took a glance at her while talking to Harry which made Zoia think that they were in fact talking about her, because Harry couldn't even look at Zoia. James said something quite serious which made Harry look down ashamed.

After their talk, Harry made his way to Zoia.

"Hey mum. . ."

"Hey Harry. You both can spend some time alone now, but just come down anytime if you're hungry. There's always something in the kitchen. . ."

"Okay," said Harry.

"Thank you Lily," said Zoia at the same time as Harry.

Harry and Zoia walked back upstairs to their room. The whole walk, Harry kept his hand intertwined with her. It was a comfortable silence the whole walk.

"Can I hang out in your room?" he asked.

"Sure," Zoia answered.

As they entered her room, it turns out Harry did get her another present. It was a box filled with roses.

"Is that what you're talking about?" said Zoia as she made her way to the flowers.

"Yes. It'll smell good for a year and you don't have to water them," said Harry.

"Thank you!" Zoia beamed as she flung herself to him. "You're so sweet, thank you Harry. . ."

"Well you deserve it," he smiled at her. "I'm sorry it was a rough start yesterday and it was my fault. I know you cried because I went to your room when you were sleeping and I could tell you've been crying. I was unnecessarily rude to you and I'm sorry. . ."