breakfast mess

Disclaimer: discussion of an unhealthy relationship

"Put down your iPad when we're eating, Holls," Zoia reminded Holly.

"Sorry mum," Holly replied sheepishly as she turned off her iPad and put it on the other table.

"Food is delicious, mum," said Phoenix after taking a bite of his food.

"Thanks, Phoenix," Zoia smiled at her son.

"Best cook in the world!" Holly beamed as she chewed her food. "Dad too!"

"Chew your food first, Holly," Zoia chuckled before kissing her daughter's head who's sitting next to her.

The usual seat on the dining table is that Zoia sat in between Harry and Holly while Phoenix and Acacia were in front of them.

"How was the exam?" Zoia asked the twins.

"It was okay," Phoenix shrugged.

"You've taken the N.E.W.T.s before, you must know," Acacia scoffed.

"Lose the attitude," Harry muttered to his daughter.

Another thing that happened recently is that Acacia doesn't have the best relationship with everyone, mostly Zoia because of Acacia's unapproved boyfriend.

Zoia has been the most vocal about not liking Acacia's boyfriend which resulted in them arguing a lot about it.

"So, how's your school Holls?" Phoenix decided to break the tension between Acacia and her parents.

"Same usual," Holly sighed sadly, "I don't like school."

"Did someone bully you?" asked Phoenix, full of concern.

"No," Holly shook her head, "I just don't like school. But I like science."

"Oh my God, you haven't told your siblings. Your surprise, remember?" Zoia nudged Holly's arm with her elbow.

"Oh yeah," Holly beamed. "I'll be skipping a year!"

"Oh, really Holls?" Phoenix widened his eyes, "That's amazing! Why didn't you tell me in one of our letters?"

"I just decided two days ago and I want it to be a surprise! At first, I didn't want to do it because I'll be leaving Lola but then I realized I can still hang out with her! And the older kids are nicer to me!"

"Holly, that is so amazing! I'm so proud of you!" Phoenix then got off his seat to approach Holly to give her his biggest hug and attack her with kisses.

Meanwhile, Acacia just scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Holly's face dropped at Acacia's expression and decided to ask, "Are you upset about this?"

"I don't know, Holly," Acacia rolled her eyes.

"Acacia," Harry said in his dangerously low voice.

"Are you angry at me?" Holly furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Just shut up."