thirty nine

𝙎𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

It's finally O.W.L.S. week and her hard work will be determined and tested this week. To say she's nervous is an understatement but she knows she has tried her best and no matter what the results are going to be, she won't be too hard on herself.

What even excites her most is her birthday which is the last day of O.W.L.S.

It's wednesday and she's about to study for tomorrow's exam which is herbology. Knowing Anthony is really good with herbology and has taken his O.W.L.S. last year, Anthony decided to help her at the library.

Zoia just entered the library and she could see Anthony's already sitting in the corner of the room. However, like the usual she could see Harry alone in their usual spot.

Noticing her presence Harry perked up and greeted her.

"Hi Zo," he smiled at her.

"Hi," she smiled back at him.

"I got you cookies," he handed her a small paper bag filled with her favorite, chocolate chip cookies.

"Oh er- thanks Har," she said awkwardly and took his cookies. Zoia could see he's reading the study cards they made together which made her nostalgic about their friendship.

"Are you going to er- sit down?" he asked as she saw she's made no movement to sit down on her spot.

"No, I promised my friend I'd study with him," she said apologetically.

"Oh it's fine," he immediately said and smiled at her. He didn't mind at first but when she said it was a 'he', he felt his heart clenched.

"I'm so sorry Harry," she apologized again.

"Don't worry about it," he put a smile on his face.

"Do you want some of the cookies?" she offered him. He felt his heart warmed, it's been a while since he heard that.

"I made that for you Zo," he shook his head.

"Alright — well goodbye Harry, good luck on your study," she said.

As she was about to leave, he called her again.

"Do you want to study together on the weekend? Monday's potions," he asked and he didn't even bother to hide the hopefulness on his face.

"I don't think it's a good idea Harry," she answered while giving him another apologetic look.

"Why?" he asked.

"You're with Cho now and — remember that night? She thought you were cheating on her with me," she answered.

"But I didn't-"

"I know you didn't," she cut him off. "But we snogged and shagged after you broke up didn't we? She won't like it seeing us together and she made it clear even during that night that she's not comfortable seeing us together — I'm just helping you Harry. No girlfriend like their boyfriend hanging out with someone they used to shag."

"Okay," he just answered. He felt a mix of emotions. This is what he wants right? Her being supportive and happy for his relationship, that's what he said to her, but for some reason he doesn't like it one bit. He wants her to ask him to break up with Cho and tell him he's making a mistake by getting back together with her. He wants her to ask him to come back to her.

"I'll see you around and good luck on your study," she smiled encouragingly to him. "Just read all the notes I made for you and the study cards as well."