the lastborn's departure

"Are you sure you got everything packed?" Zoia asked once more to her lastborn.

"Yes, I have!" Holly beamed, putting both hands on her hips.

"That's my girl," Zoia cupped Holly's face and kissed the tip of her nose.

The beaming sunlight causes the already effervescent family to be even cheerier. Waves of laughter and jokes of the youngest girl overfilled the Potter house sending smiles on everyone though a tint of sadness could be seen from the parents' eyes.

Holly, their little Holly is going to leave them for Hogwarts.

Zoia prepared the biggest breakfast meal for Holly's departure sending a bright smile to the young girl.

"Mum's the best!" Holly beamed, hugging her mother once she saw the dining table.

"I love you, Holls," Zoia hugged her daughter back, kissing her head.

"C'mon, sit next to me, Hollycopter," Harry patted the seat next to him.

"Okay," Holly grinned. "And I'm not Hollycopter, dad," she giggled.

"Are you not?" Harry teased her as he kept tickling her, creating joyful touches of laughter from the young girl.

With Holly sitting next to Harry, Zoia sits next to Holly, making the young girl sitting in between her parents. Even though Phoenix has moved out, the boy decided to stay over at his parents' house for a week with Kenji since it was Holly's last week before leaving for Hogwarts. James and Lily also decided to stay over for a week; ever since James and Lily's retirement, they have been traveling a lot and spent a lot of their time visiting Harry's house.

That's why Lily's currently sitting next to Zoia across from James who's sitting next to Phoenix.

This time, Zoia's parents can't accompany Holly to King's Cross since they haven't been feeling the best lately. Meanwhile, Remus and Sirius are still visiting Regulus in Romania who's working as a dragonologist.

"Holly, don't use the iPad on the dining table," Zoia reminded her daughter.

"Lola's texting me, mum," Holly answered, still with her eyes glued to the iPad.

"Will she be meeting us in King's Cross?" asked Zoia.

"Yes," Holly nodded, "She might need our help mum, her parents can't go through the wall."

"Oh don't worry, we'll help her," Zoia said assuredly.

Finally, Holly turned off the iPad and looked at everyone with an unreadable expression.

"Will Acacia come?" Holly finally asked, with a look full of hope.

"I have sent a letter to Acacia, remember?" Phoenix answered.

"Did she ever send you a letter back?" Holly raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah," Phoenix nodded.

"What'd she say?"

Phoenix immediately took a bite of his food, intentionally postponing his time to answer his little sister's question who's eyes widened, and slowly a faint smile could be seen as her eyebrows furrowed indicating hopefulness that's painted all over her face.

Phoenix looked at both of his parents pleadingly to save him as he kept drinking his pumpkin juice.

"Holly, Acacia's working now, remember? She is a curse breaker, an extremely busy job," said Zoia softly as she ran her fingers through the young girl's hair.

"But all of you are busy too," Holly frowned. "Dad's an Auror, you have a business, Phoenix is a healer, Kenji is a magizoologist but all of you are here."