thirty one

The Bambi Potion

Harry grew frustrated by the day because Zoia grew even more distant from him when he needed her the most. The last time he properly hung out with her was after her quidditch match where Hufflepuff won against Ravenclaw.

Zoia decided to skip transfiguration which was a very rare occasion, she never skipped a lesson he thought. Rather than sitting alone, he decided to sit with Monica and to ask her what has been going on with Zoia lately.

"Potter," Monica greeted him.

"Call me Harry, you sound like Malfoy," Harry sighed.

"Fine, Harry, to what do I owe the pleasure for you to be sitting next to me?"

"Where's Zoia?"

"Oh, er- she has to go home," she stammered.

"Huh?" he frowned, "she went home?"

"Yes," she avoided eye contact with him.

"Why didn't she tell me?"

"She can do whatever she wants."

"I know that, Monica," he sighed. "I just wish I'm not out of the loop, I'm her boyfriend you know? I'm just concerned."

"I know," Monica smiled at him. "Look, there's nothing wrong with Zoia, Harry. She mentioned to you about the little surprise she has for you right?"

He nodded.

"It's related to that. Just be patient. There's nothing wrong with Zoia, and if you're concerned about her feelings, she's still deeply and madly in love with you," she explained.

"Okay, good," he let out a huge sigh. "I was afraid she was being distant with me because I did something wrong again."

"First instinct huh? After what happened in the fifth year," Monica teased him.

"Yeah," he said embarrassedly. "What is this surprise anyway?"

"Like I'd tell you," she scoffed.

"Please," he whined.

"Potter! Johnson!" Professor McGonagall scolded them though the two didn't bother.

"I won't."

"A tiny clue, please. . ."

"No."

"Evil," he mumbled.

"These childish acts only affect Zoia, you know. It's utterly disgusting when you do this to me," said Monica.

"How do Allie keep up with you?" he huffed.

"A-Allie? Why Allie?" she nervously chuckled and grew flustered.

"Learn a few things or two from me, denying your feelings will completely backfire on you," he smirked at her.

"Potter! Johnson!"

Harry and Monica looked at each other, holding their laughter.

Harry felt empty for the rest of the day, he missed Zoia. He never realized how empty his life is without her.

As he was walking to the head's lounge to kill some time off, he heard sniffles. He walked towards it to find Mia Wilson sitting on the floor, sobbing to herself. On instinct, he decided to approach her and sat next to her.

"Chocolate bar?" he pulled out the chocolate bar from his pocket.

"Thanks," she mumbled, getting the chocolate.