twenty

𝙅𝙞𝙢𝙢𝙮'𝙨 𝘽𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙜𝙚𝙧

Today is finally the final quidditch match of the year. It's between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. As usual, Monica braided Zoia's hair into a dutch braid, her go-to hairstyle every single quidditch match.

After her little speech to encourage her teammates she grabbed her broom. This is her last quidditch game with Anthony and she really wanted to win.

"Hey," Anthony wrapped his hand around her waist beside her. "Nervous?"

"Very," she looked up to him.

"Don't worry, you'll do great. You always do," Anthony encouraged him.

Zoia suddenly went on her tiptoes and kissed him. She cupped his face and deepened the kiss while he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"What's wrong?" he asked when they finally pulled away.

"This is our last game together," she said sadly.

"Crazy huh? It's been what? three years?"

"Yeah," she chuckled. "I really, really want to win."

"Win or not, it'll still be my best last game," Anthony grinned at her before he kissed her again.

They walked out onto the pitch to tumultuous roars and boos. One end of the stadium was solid red and gold; the other, a sea of yellow and black. Amidst all the yelling and clapping Zoia could distinctly hear the roar of Luna's famous lion-topped from the commentator podium.

There was little wind; the clouds were patchy; every now and then there were dazzling flashes of bright sunlight.

Zoia stepped up to Madam Hooch, the referee, who was standing ready to release the balls from the crate.

"Captains shake hands," said Madam Hooch.

Zoia and Harry shook their hands, a little longer than they're supposed to. Harry felt an entire zoo in his stomach and his heart beating rapidly. He considered not getting the snitch at all so Zoia could win the game.

"Good luck," he whispered.

"Good luck too," she smiled at him.

"Mount your brooms. On the whistle . . . three . . . two . . . one . . ."

"And that's Preece of Hufflepuff with the Quaffle," said a dreamy voice, echoing over the grounds. "Oh look, he's lost the Quaffle, Ginny took it from him, I do like her, she's very nice. . ."

". . . but now Zoia got the Quaffle from her, Zoia is a friend of Ginny, she's very sweet," said Luna.

Zoia then scored a goal, and another one, and another one. It seems like they're going to win until Luna says,

"Harry Potter has caught the snitch, Gryffindor has won the inter-house quidditch cup!"

Suddenly she felt a bludger hit the back of her head which made her unconscious right away. Before she could hit the ground, Anthony flew to her right away.

"What the fuck? You guys won already!" Anthony screamed at the Gryffindor team.

"Zoia!" Ginny wasted no time to approach the unconscious Hufflepuff girl.

"Take her to the hospital wing, Rickett," Madam Hooch instructed.

"You're so dead," Ginny growled at Jimmy Peakes, the Gryffindor beater. The Gryffindors are currently in front of the locker room.

"It was a mistake! I swear! I was trying to get the bludger away from Potter!" the beater exclaimed.

"Doesn't mean you should hit Zoia!" Harry angrily exclaimed. It took everything in him to not punch his beater. His hands are now in a tight fist which makes his knuckles turn white.