zoia

As cliche as this sounds, Harry couldn't even describe with words how much he loves her. She's somebody that holds a place in his heart, always. She's irreplaceable, absolutely irreplaceable.

Even after all these years, his love for her grew. Sometimes he thought to himself, how can a single person make him feel this way?

Zoia is home, comfort, love, beauty.

Sometimes when he lies down next to her, he'd just stare at her, taking all of her beauty in, feeling overwhelmed by her beauty — her existence.

He'd just recall all the stupid things they did as a teenager and laugh to himself. Then he'd look at her, his wife, doing something in their house, a house they've lived in together for years.

And he's forever grateful to be able to share all of these experiences with Zoia, the most beautiful kind soul he has ever come across.

That's why he doesn't understand why the universe would be so cruel to Zoia.

Harry always puts a strong face in front of her, saying 'she'll get healthy soon' 'she's okay' 'she'll get through this' 'she's strong' even after the healer said she only has three months left.

No.

Harry refused to believe that. He made sure to tell Zoia every day she'll get through this even after she told him it's very unlikely. Perhaps it was him in denial.

He kept convincing himself she'll never leave him. They promised each other that they'll die of old age together, so neither would experience the pain of being left alone, so he held onto that.

Even after the healer said, without magic, Zoia would've died a year ago, Harry still believes that she'll be okay.

He never cried, not even once, in front of Zoia, but once he's alone or with his friends, he broke down, sobbing.

He never cried in front of his children as well. He'll always comfort his children every time they visit their mother. He needs to be there for them, he can't be seen as weak.

He promised himself to be by her side all the time. He doesn't want to let her out of his sight. He doesn't want to let her go, ever.

He never thought this day would come. The day where the healer said, this is it and he needs to say his goodbye to her.

No, he doesn't want to. They were supposed to grow old until they're all wrinkly and have white hair.

She's 49.

She just had her birthday yesterday.

This is still too young for her to die. She didn't even reach fifty. Harry and she still have many plans they haven't accomplished yet like eating a grasshopper.

The wishlist Zoia made during her time in St Mungo's couldn't be fulfilled, her wants to move to Japan couldn't be fulfilled, those wish lists are just empty promises to her.

Harry screamed to Healer Tobin the minute that statement came out of his mouth. He refused. She should be healed by now. They're wizards, she can be healed.

But then he looked at Zoia next to him who started crying and he slowly realized, perhaps the healer was right. He needs to say his goodbye if she's really dying, he needs to be with her.

So he immediately writes letters to his children and family friends. He then stayed by Zoia's side, perhaps for the last time.

"I'm dying," Zoia chuckled sadly with her head resting on his chest. "It has only been three years and I'm dying. I'm so weak."